I have baggage

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
suitcase2.jpg

I really like this picture. When I look at it I get the feeling of Vegas, in the 50's... and perhaps this is the suitcase of a performer, a show magician maybe. The coloring and the sun off the handle give it an ethereal feel, as if perhaps the magician is an angel in disguise.

Or maybe I just need some sleep, heh heh.

Either way beautiful job here, I like it a lot.

wow, manda, nice shot again! has a hip retro feel to it, i love it!

does this mean you a planning a trip to visit me in kiwiland?

you've been busy girl ... i really like this shot .. the glare on the handle is priceless ... i love the tones around the suitcase ... gives it a "earthy" feeling :D ..

did u get down on the ground? :lol:

This is fantastic. Love the tones, the texture, the dof.... very nice.

yup, all of the above. you really use lines well- are you doing this on purpose or instinctively?

Id say its more instinctively in that Im not going out to shoot a photograph where the lines are running and flowing. I guess its just want my eyes see.

first thing i thought of: the song/lyrics of 'so this is goodbye' by Stina Nordenstam. an incredible song filled with soul. photography stirs and this shot stirs.

a very well done shot. my only advice....keep the highlights (whites) in check when shooting digital.

that is friendly advice, thank you.
now would you be so kind as to share with this novice how I may do that?
I assume you are talking about the fact that the "whites" along the lines of the bag are disappearing in spots? I have no idea what I need to do to fix that.

manda said:
that is friendly advice, thank you.
now would you be so kind as to share with this novice how I may do that?
I assume you are talking about the fact that the "whites" along the lines of the bag are disappearing in spots? I have no idea what I need to do to fix that.

well, since the inception of digital, there has always been the problem of 'hot spots'. i'm sorry, but i haven't a clue how to fix it digitally (it has to be done in camera). i understand some digi cameras have a white compensation balance. again, no clue how to do it.

still like the shot...

I believe you can change it with the Curves tool in photoshop. If not there is the hue/saturation tool also, but am not sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back