I have been named official school photographer. YAY!

EhJsNe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
not sure if this is the right place to post this...buuuuttt.....

.....I just thought I needed to share my exitement. Today after school my principal stopped me and scared the crap out of me. I thought I did something bad.....but anyhoo she discussed me being the Official School Photographer and now I get free film and devoloping as long as I take pictures of school related things. WOOT!

My first "job" is next saturday, Im shooting the boys basketball teams tournaments. I hope I dont screw up.....

Excellent! I did the same thing myself many years ago - I know exactly how you feel!

yea my principal asked me and my friend to shoot the classrooms next week on Wednesdays. you ask why Wednesday? I go to a business high school (HS of Economics and Finance) so on Wednesdays we are forced to dress like business people and for the last two periods of the day we have special, mostly business classes. So he wants us to shoot when everyone's dressed up.

ahh such a great gig, i had the same one when i was in high school... you will quickly get to know everyone pretty quick.. everyone wants their photos taken in school

ahh such a great gig, i had the same one when i was in high school... you will quickly get to know everyone pretty quick.. everyone wants their photos taken in school

Ive found that out. Its quite annoying. And the few people who dont want there picture taken ask me why I have such a big camera..and then they ask if tis digital? and then they tell me Im stupid and should get a digital....quite annoying.

Other than that.....its quite fun!

Its actually quite fun. I was the school photographer for my yearbook and got to walk about school all the time and attend every game for free. It was there that I learned I loved photography :D

Congrats

Ive found that out. Its quite annoying. And the few people who dont want there picture taken ask me why I have such a big camera..and then they ask if tis digital? and then they tell me Im stupid and should get a digital....quite annoying.

Other than that.....its quite fun!

Tell them to poke it! Learning with film is an excellent method. One of the biggest problems IMO, with the preponderance of inexpensive digital SLRs that everyone can have one, but very few people learn how to use them because there's no incentive. When I got my first old Miranda back in 198*Cough...cough* Ilford FP-4 was only about $35 for a fifty foot roll, BUT that was a lot of money for this kid in high-school. I worked hard to make every capture count - I learned infinitely more from that than I ever would have with the option of "Nope, that didn't work, delete, adjust, reshoot". I hope you have the chance to do your own processing too. I have used a lot of the lessons gained from my time in a wet darkroom to help with my post-processing.

Oh, and congrats! :thumbup:

yea my principal asked me and my friend to shoot the classrooms next week on Wednesdays. you ask why Wednesday? I go to a business high school (HS of Economics and Finance) so on Wednesdays we are forced to dress like business people and for the last two periods of the day we have special, mostly business classes. So he wants us to shoot when everyone's dressed up.
Wait...

If it's a high school for business students, shouldn't you be attending the special business classes?

EDIT:

Never mind, I realize my mistake. But, at any rate, I'd photograph gym class that day.

Congratulations! I am new on the forum and saw this post first. [=

Most reactions

Back