I have been postponing posting these long

srinaldo86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
enough!
C&C and Editing very welcome.
I suppose you could say these are primarily product photos, so it was definitely something new for me. I usually do wild life/landscapes.

I bring you (part of) the 2010 Carolina Chocolate Festival!

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

#2 is kinda stalkerish... 3,5,6,7 seem kinda like snapshots. I like #8, It's very well focused and I got a little laugh out of the snowman bottle cork (or whatever it is lol)

I like the first one..I like seeing the layers of yumminess :)
the desserts look very yummy! IMH(noobie)O you could've played with angles more. But I don't know much technically speaking. #6 looks a little out of focus, but that may just be me and my untamed eye.
Overall they look good and yummy! :wink:

they look like just snapshots to me. #8 is the best. It could have been better with a shallower DOF. That plant in the distance is distracting.

I would suggest working on your positioning when shooting and not just shooting from the standing height.

these photos leave me feeling... hungry. Unfortunately, that is all they leave me feeling. There is some good subject matter here, but more setup and thought would be required for better photos.

The bacon cake is an odd one.

p!nK

As far as setups go the only one we had the opportunity to touch was #9.
The rest were on display for judging or for sale, so for the most part all of these were snapshots.
The only reason #9 is different is because I had the sales lady hold it out of the case and used the halogen lamp she had then reflected/diffused the light with my hand.

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming!
I find this subject matter boring personally but it was an attempt at something new so I am in no way offended.

Don't do anything for me. Technical problems with some of them. Post fewer if you want more specific feedback.

I like 8 the best.... not sure why. The others might have come out better if you shot with a Nikon.

Most reactions

Back