I have focus issues

Well what do you expect form ƒ2? try using a faster film n playing with more DOF. I'll bet your pics will be much sharper n it's not focus problem after all, you're using a wide open lens.

Oh BTW... something I just thought of... have you checked to see if the iris is closing on each n every shot reliably? Old cameras tend to stick if not used or serviced at least once every 20 years.

You're assuming he doesn't know how to focus. The aperture shouldn't matter. By that logic, we should all just be using pinhole cameras, who needs dof anyway ..also, if the shutter was sticking and causing blur, there wouldn't be any sharp points in the photo, which there are. (kinda.. the cars across the street)

Oh BTW... something I just thought of... have you checked to see if the iris is closing on each n every shot reliably? Old cameras tend to stick if not used or serviced at least once every 20 years.

This is something that is kinda strange. The lens is obviously manual, so I have to use the aperture ring to change the iris. When I take the lens off the camera and move the ring, I can't see the iris close. The bayonet also does not change anything visually. When I change the aperture when the lens is mounted, the metering changes. With my other lenses, I can visually see the iris close when I move the ring.

Perhaps that is an entirely different issue...

His shutter isn't sticking, it's the iris in he lens not closing on every shot thus giving "wide open lens syndrom" (like that one?). I had an old Pentax tele that wouldn't close on every shot giving similar symptoms that just rang a revelation when he said not all of his pics have these issues. A bit of service will clear it up just nicely.

I wounder if his focus issues happen with the other lenses he owns? I'm willing to bet it doesn't.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back