2. Olympus Evolt E410 10MP

Which one? I really need help.

Thanks.

1. Go to a camera store

2. Use them yourself

3. Decide for yourself

That's it! It's really that simple.

What he said... lol

You cannot ask someone to make the final decision for you for a camera anymore than purchasing a car or marrying your wife.

"Try before you buy" is the only right way. ;)

another recommendation is if you have any friends that are into photography, it may be a good idea to see what they use and try theirs out, and you don't need to necessarily get same model. most of my friends all have canon's so it's nice to be able to borrow my friend's lenses and ask questions about functions on the camera they have played with.
but all in all it's whatever feels right in your hands... and of course what the wallet can handle.

I wouldn't buy the Olympus. It has their 4/3rds type sensor format which is smaller and also unique in DSLRs. It does have some advantages, but there's almost no third-party lens support, and very few used 4/3rds mount lenses available. If you're like me and want to try out lots of different lenses or save some money by having a large selection of used lenses available, Olympus probably wouldn't be the best choice. The Sony would be a lot better, and the Canon even better than that. If you think you might someday want to get a full professional DSLR, get the Canon since a lot of the stuff you buy for the Rebel would work on Canon's most expensive professional bodies too and you wouldn't have to rebuy anything.

Beyond that it's mainly personal, subjective, and touch-n-feel type stuff. Is it comfortable in your hands? Can you reach all of the controls? Are the ergonomics ok? Does the menu system make sense? Is it easy for you to use? For whatever reason my hands always have a ton of trouble with Canon bodies, and their menu system makes little to no sense with me. I like the Nikons a lot better in this respect which is why I'm a Nikon shooter. Other people are the exact opposite. Neither are right or wrong.

You also should go and feel how they feel in your hand, I was going with a different one then I ended up with and I asked sort of the same question here and the advice was go look feel and research them to see what best suits your needs. How a Camera feels I found out was very important as well as what I personally wanted in a camera regarding specs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back