I have one of my own to be torn down

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't been here for awhile, but I have needed to be. I shot this a couple of weeks back I really have a liking to "tree tunnels". The questions I have are: 1. What is the first thing your eye is drawn to, 2. Is it to dark (it was purposely darkened), 3. What kind of feeling does this picture give you (i.e. you need to vomit, a sense of fear, love, hate, something like that). 4. I have been expiermenting with framing and have never really liked them do you have any suggestions. Feel free to edit it if you like.

506514675_69e6d4da85.jpg

Love the shadows and the texture of the roadway. The shapes and tones are what is making my like it, not any coherent image, so focus, etc. aren't too important for me here. It's nice just as an abstract piece. I like it just how it is.

(Hate the font and the size of the text however.)

Love the shadows and the texture of the roadway. The shapes and tones are what is making my like it, not any coherent image, so focus, etc. aren't too important for me here. It's nice just as an abstract piece. I like it just how it is.

(Hate the font and the size of the text however.)

Thank you. I totally agree with the font. I was using it because I had a project that I was working that was using this font before I was messing around with this one, and I was to lazy to change it. Size? should it be bigger, smaller, on the bottom...? Do you have a suggestion on where to place it? I know most people place their sig at the bottom, but I would rather place it somewhere else.

To answer your question of where my eyes went first: onto the shadow of the branch that is snaking out of the front of the frame. And I do like the effect.

When you darkened the pic, did you darken it overall or selectively (only the green parts)?

While nothing should be changed about the path (good texture, though the pic is way small to really judge that), lightwise and other, nor to the sky in the background at the "end of the tunnel", I personally would have liked to see the green parts brighter, but I am notorious for my love of bright green ;) :mrgreen:.

All in all I feel composition and play with light and shadow work here.
The photo is very small though, and the frame quite heavy on it.

Here's one a little bigger and with a different watermark. And the greens are lightened.

507278928_6a0a35ed1f_o.jpg

As I said before, the border's too thick and... 'obnoxious', IMO. I think this shot should definitely have a border, as it brings out the shadows and helps level the contrast, but definitely something much thinner (both the black border and the white line). As for the font, also something smaller. I'm not crazy about having it vertically on the side of the border, but if that's what you like, then it's fine. I want to say putting 'Chris Fleharty' on the left side, and 'Photography' on the right side, but I still don't think that would look great. Maybe the classic lower right hand corner watermark? With a different font?

Thanks guys... I'll take the big border off and probably just stay with a plain black border. Traveler thank you for the edit but I'm not a big colored border fan (although I think in some instances it works well).

I def. like the one that is darker better, ...my only suggestion is....when i look at this I see shadows...are you wanting people to see the "end of the tunnel" more or are the shadows the eye catcher...if so I would almost crop it, to where there is not so much road and a little more focus on the light at the end...beautiful shot, dark is good but not TOO dark...I wanna look at this and be drawn to the end of the tunnel, but I'm drawn to the road right now....
How about this for the border?
photo1copyoy9.jpg

^^Good border but lose the HS year book sig.

1st noticed Lettering.. 2nd very dark 3rd fear/ unknown 4th frame ok.. lettering kills it...
ok didn't read everything above but wanted to answer question s asked.. looks like some nice Re - Do's though!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back