I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was working a trade show and the Canon booth had the first Canadian appearance of the 1DX. So before the show was open to the public, I sauntered over and got my hands on it. Fairly impressive, but I'm not really all that familiar with 1 series bodies.
The exposure meter/scale was vertical, on the side of the view finder....that felt really odd.

did you play fapmaster after? :)

fap.jpg

JEALOUS!!! I am still trying out how to finagle my way into one of those suckers! Thankfully I have some time before it's finally released. Not that I think I'll figure it out, but a girl can dream.

did you try out the 12fps? they were firing them off like machine guns in japanese trade shows.

Yup... vertical meter... I liked it actually. In multi-spot, it marks each reading on the same scale and shifts it if you choose to do so.

did you try out the 12fps? they were firing them off like machine guns in japanese trade shows.
Yes I did...it was pretty cool.

Light meter is vertical on all 1D's
I wondered about that...but the Canon rep I was talking to...didn't know when I asked him about it.

They actually didn't know much about the new camera. They said that they didn't get a manual with it, and that they had to ship it back to Japan after the show.

I liked it actually. In multi-spot, it marks each reading on the same scale and shifts it if you choose to do so.
That may be the feature of one of the front buttons. I asked (and tried to figure out what the two (4 actually) buttons on the front of the body do. They didn't know but I easily deducted that one of them was DOF preview...but the other one would switch a highlighted box from one position to another, in the viewfinder. I thought maybe it was AF point selection, but it wouldn't move with any of the dials while the button was pressed, so I couldn't figure it out.

Played with one at the digital photo show at the Javitz Center in NYC a couple of weeks ago. Awesome piece of machinery.

Most reactions

Back