I held an Ansel Adams original!

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this weekend I went to Sam Houston State University to visit my friend mike (newrmdmike here on the forum) and got to browse through the school's art archives. The school has a real good photo department, especially on the film side of things, so they have invested in a good bit of photographic books and prints.

Anyway, we got permission to browse through the actual original portfolios of famous photographers like Minor White, Ralph Eugene Meatyard, and a few others...not to mention we got to hold one of Ansel Adam's original prints of a small waterfall (i dont remember the name of it :( ).

i'm not sure if that's common, it just felt special for me :)

definitely a cool experience. we have some good meetup style pics that we'll post in a few days when he gets back from camping.

haha, i knew you would brag about it. yeah, i'll post some pics, and daniel it rained on us sunday! it was a good thing me and rachel set up the bigger tent, cause the smaller one leaked horribly. that place had a pool and gameroom we found out, it was fun and you should have stayed around.

newrmdmike said:
haha, i knew you would brag about it. yeah, i'll post some pics, and daniel it rained on us sunday! it was a good thing me and rachel set up the bigger tent, cause the smaller one leaked horribly. that place had a pool and gameroom we found out, it was fun and you should have stayed around.

aw that's a shame. at least you found the gameroom and pool. i got my speech written! i'm just practicing now :)

yeah post pics up!

That reminds me. If anyone lives in the area, a major Ansel Adams exhibition is opening in the Art Gallery of Ontario this November.

Just some shameless promotion. xD

Most reactions

New Topics

Back