I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by mandaliz8704, Jan 31, 2008.

1. mandaliz8704

mandaliz8704 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I got a Canon Rebel XT for christmas, and Ive been playing around trying to figure out exactly what the heck I'm doing with this camera. :lol: I managed to get this shot the other day. I'm curious as to what you all think about it. I like it, but I'm not hard to impress with black and white photography. ;)
    I really appreciate any feedback that anyone can give me, even if it's only to tell me that my picture is crap.

I appreciate the help! Thanks...

[​IMG]

2. adolan20

adolan20 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's an interesting shot, but I would try to avoid facing the sun in a black and white since it seems to wash out everything else. Just a thought.

3. mandaliz8704

mandaliz8704 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I appreciate the tip, I will definitely remember that. I was on a "shoot into the sun" kick that day for some reason. :) I'm still trying to get to know the camera and what it can do... big newb here. ;)

thanks again.

4. lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Its not a terrible shot, but really doesn't work for me the way it was done. The sky is too gray and uniform with the sun in the center. Maybe try using the rule of thirds and see what happens with it. You have a ton of good stuff to shoot out there, so keep going!

I actually shoot in Jupiter every so often ! :)

5. adolan20

adolan20 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sometimes shooting into or in the direction of the sun works well, so don't disband the idea, I just think on a black and white it produces kinda washed out effects:)

6. AlexParlett

AlexParlett TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thats only slightly off rule of thirds, well horizon wise.

On the photo itself, its over exposed, flat and toneless, it doesnt suit black and white imagery, it would be much more vibrant with some post work and kept in colour. However, shooting into the sun, youll be hard pressed to get much out of that angle without a few NDs and a Polarizer.