I hope Nikon spoils me (again)

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did have an Olympus EM5 (fab camera). I sold due I had 2 nikon dslrs but missed having something light and tidy afterwards. I went down the panasonic m43 road due the 4k video and same image quality as the olly EM5. The problem was (is) I never liked the pana as much as the olly in both the look of the images or the (supposedly better) interface.

Anyway I sold the panasonic and looked into a tidy other system, but never relized the newer 5*** series bodies have shrunk. The d5600 is slightly higher but narrower and lighter than the pana g80/85 I had so I bought one as a bring everywhere cam. I know I will take a hit on the lens size but I've always (since I started using them) really liked nikon setups and image quality, and I can do without 4k.

Anyway, it will be about a week before this arrives, does anyone here use the d5600 with the 18-55 af-p lens or indeed the d5500 as they are all but equal apart from snapbridge which will probably be a nice to but not need to have gadget

PS- I am not flaming panasonic, the g80 was one of the most user friendly customizable cameras I have used and I got some really nice photos, but we didn't fully get on :)

I think it’s a good choice. You’ll have all your lenses available and can pop a 35mm on there if you want to travel light. Plus the 5600 has the great pop out screen right? Loved that on my 5100. The Fuji xt2 has it bit not quite the same.

I think it’s a good choice. You’ll have all your lenses available and can pop a 35mm on there if you want to travel light. Plus the 5600 has the great pop out screen right? Loved that on my 5100. The Fuji xt2 has it bit not quite the same.
Yes it seems like the more sensible option. My problem is when I buy something like a m43 system to just carry around I eventually want a full set of lenses too cos I'm greedy ;)

Yes it seems like the more sensible option. My problem is when I buy something like a m43 system to just carry around I eventually want a full set of lenses too cos I'm greedy ;)

I understand completely! Not sure how people manage to work with more than one system at a time - too confusing.

I really like the D5600. Such a small form factor and easy to carry, the flipout screen etc.
I know ppl say mirrorless is small .. they should check out the D5600 too if they are already invested in Nikon.

I love the D5xxx series. They are light and have a great sensor (plus a flippy screen). My primary travel camera is a D5200, though I do have a D7200 as a backup. The 18-55 is OK and I have one in my closet. I replaced it with an 18-140 mm, which is significantly better plus it has a nice range. I shoot with it 90% of the time.

I love the D5xxx series. They are light and have a great sensor (plus a flippy screen). My primary travel camera is a D5200, though I do have a D7200 as a backup. The 18-55 is OK and I have one in my closet. I replaced it with an 18-140 mm, which is significantly better plus it has a nice range. I shoot with it 90% of the time.
I bought it with the 18-55 lens because it was 10 pounds sterling in the difference. I'd much prefer a kit with more range biy the 18-55 is one of those af-p stepper motor types so I thought it be worth getting for the little bit of video i might do

The D5600 should be a great camera. My brother started into Nikon with the D5100 and it was much lighter than my D200, and that was much lighter than our sisters D700 (especially with the 24-70mm that is usually on it). I use my 35mm DX lens all the time when traveling, but that 18-55 AF-P is a decent small lens.

I general I feel the Nikon line of cameras are made to just pick up and take a picture. I have been on many tours where I step off the bus, grab the shot, and go on my way, while the rest of the crowd are still fiddling with their cameras or cell phones.

The 18-55 AF-P is terrifyingly quick to focus, and because it shrinks down it is the same length as my 35mm prime while stowed making it a sensible travel option. It is a significant improvement over my mom's 18-55 AF-S. I don't think you could ask for much more in a kit lens. The maximum aperture is fairly small though, which doesn't work for me.

The 18-55 AF-P is terrifyingly quick to focus, and because it shrinks down it is the same length as my 35mm prime while stowed making it a sensible travel option. It is a significant improvement over my mom's 18-55 AF-S. I don't think you could ask for much more in a kit lens. The maximum aperture is fairly small though, which doesn't work for me.

I notice you have a D5200. How does the AF-P lens work for you. I also have a D5200 and would like to use an AF-P 10-20mm, but have avoided it because I don't know how well it will work.

I notice you have a D5200. How does the AF-P lens work for you. I also have a D5200 and would like to use an AF-P 10-20mm, but have avoided it because I don't know how well it will work.
You have to have the most recent firmware update, after which it works fine. The only disadvantage is that you can't turn off VR on the 5200.

Not turning brown off could be a problem especially for a wide angle/ tripod long exposure shots etc

Most reactions

New Topics

Back