I just broke my camera

that stinks! i'm so sorry to hear that! I dropped my D700 on concrete the first week I got it... my husband put the neck strap on it and I thought all was safe. One night I put it around my neck and was carrying some other stuff in my hands and all of a sudden, I feel the camera slide off the strap and fall to the ground... he didn't put the straps on correctly! Lemmie tell you... its probably the same feeling you get as when you drop a newborn baby or something... The camera gods must have been watching over me though, because it got a few scratches and nothing was broke. The lens was cracked, but my husband had put a UV filter on it a few days before because he was taking pictures... so just the UV cover had broken, nothing else. So I couldn't get mad at the hubby... he put the strap on wrong but he also put a UV lens on that protected the glass. lol It was that moment I bought insurance for the camera... lol. i got VERY lucky... I was going hysterical thinking everything had just been ruined.

I hope its not too expensive to fix... but if you plan on wrapping a good amount of change on camera gear, it might be wise to get some insurance on it. We just added it onto our renters insurance, really cheap like $3 a month extra or something.

Let us know how it works out!!! :hug::

that stinks! i'm so sorry to hear that! I dropped my D700 on concrete the first week I got it... my husband put the neck strap on it and I thought all was safe. One night I put it around my neck and was carrying some other stuff in my hands and all of a sudden, I feel the camera slide off the strap and fall to the ground... he didn't put the straps on correctly! Lemmie tell you... its probably the same feeling you get as when you drop a newborn baby or something... The camera gods must have been watching over me though, because it got a few scratches and nothing was broke. The lens was cracked, but my husband had put a UV filter on it a few days before because he was taking pictures... so just the UV cover had broken, nothing else. So I couldn't get mad at the hubby... he put the strap on wrong but he also put a UV lens on that protected the glass. lol It was that moment I bought insurance for the camera... lol. i got VERY lucky... I was going hysterical thinking everything had just been ruined.

I hope its not too expensive to fix... but if you plan on wrapping a good amount of change on camera gear, it might be wise to get some insurance on it. We just added it onto our renters insurance, really cheap like $3 a month extra or something.

Let us know how it works out!!! :hug::
You know my husband and I were just talking about our renter insurance. It may already be covered..he is going to call Monday. But if it's not, we are going to add it on.

Does anyone have any idea how much this might cost for repair? I know minimum is $180...

That does not sound like a cheap repair ... I could not tell you how much though ...

After dropping my Canon NF-1 (numerous times ... can't beat a full metal body), as I hate putting the neckstrap on, I got into the habit of wrapping the strap around my left wrist. This gives me a chance to catch it if I drop it.

My Insurance Company offers an "umbrella" policy that will cover anything ... even if I run over my camera bag while backing up (though there is a deductable).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back