I just got a new PS action...

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by EJBPhoto, Feb 5, 2007.

1. EJBPhoto

EJBPhoto TPF Noob!

I joined a new photo forum for children's photography that I've been using that and there was a GORGEOUS color pop action there for free that I'm in love with. If you don't like over the top color, you probably won't like this. But I just love what it did with this pic. This is a really old self portrait, btw. I don't hear about people using a lot of actions on here.... are people not doing a lot of post processing on ps? [​IMG] And what it did here is amazing too... [​IMG]

2. cherrymoose

cherrymoose TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Very, very nice. I really love those colors. What was this forum? I'd love to try it out. ;)

3. EJBPhoto

EJBPhoto TPF Noob!

I sent you a PM :)

4. grafiks

grafiks TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    EJBPhoto,

I love PhotoShop actions. I am better at retouch than I am at Photography.

I really liked that nice perspective picture of the railroad tracks, regardless of the saturation action you used.

One PhotoShop plugin that I love is called DreamSuite by Auto FX Software. The image below was modified with it, along with a couple other techniques. Here is a result of it.

[​IMG]

5. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ah! I knew you sounded familiar on the 'other' forum - and the second image confirmed it. Anyways, the colour pop is a little over the top for my tastes, but it really is amazing to run something like that and compare the before and after. You ask yourself how in the world you even thought it was half decent before eh?

6. vandecarr

vandecarr TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hi,

I really like the color pop. I usually go into LAB mode to do this sort of thing. Could you tell me which forum you were on and where I can find this action to give it a try?

Thanks,
    Mike

7. EJBPhoto

EJBPhoto TPF Noob!

I didn't know you were over there :) Who are you? I honestly can't really post here these days (not that I ever did much anyway) just because I've spent so much time over there in the past two weeks or so. I cannot tell you how much I've learned. It's incredible. I am getting a new lens next month- still debating but thinking about the 50mm. That website is humbling... IMO.

I love over the top color... haha I realize it's a bit much- but it's my style I guess. Jinky's website? Oh my god. To die for. I want to buy her actions very badly right now. But for now the "pop" works :)

Unfortunately, I can't send this action out to anyone but I can promote an action just like it- thats actually nicer, IMO. It is 100 dollars though :lol: But looks completely worth it.

This is my dream action pack: http://www.ittybittyactions.com

If you are a child photographer and want the website, send me a PM :)

8. thornykittens

thornykittens TPF Noob!

I love actions to bad there aren't anymore topics on it on the forum!

9. pinion

pinion TPF Noob!

I too would love to try out that action. Can you PM me with information on the forum as well as location of the action?

Thank you

10. neogfx

neogfx TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I do a lot of post processing on PS, but I find I need to do different things to different photos so I don't tend to use actions that much. I use one to resize and border my images for the net, but that's about it really.

11. grafiks

grafiks TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like different actions for certain things, like convert to black & white, saturation (very similar to the color pop), adding guides, creating a dreamy photo (glamour effect), shadow reduction and all sorts of other essential tasks. Then, of course there are all the regular tools to fine tune...

I looooooove Photoshop. The better I get, the more I love it. :lovey: