I just got my 1st Bat Mitzvah job!

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by AprilRamone, Mar 7, 2006.

1. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm really excited. I just met with the planner and the client today and I'm set to do a pre-shoot with the girls (they are sisters) on April 22nd and then the actual ceremony is on June 10th.
    They would like me to send over a contract with my final quote very soon. So, I'm wondering, do any of you have some example contracts that I could look at. I know a lot of you have wedding ones and I may be able to figure out a more generic one from those, but if you already have a more generic event photography contract I could look at it would be so helpful!
    Also, if anyone has any good tips for photographing Bar/Bat Mitzvah's in general please send them my way! (It's going to be held in their backyard in the middle of the day :confused: and not at the Temple).
    Yay, I'm so excited! This is my first official event photo job where I didn't know the client beforehand!
    -April

2. D-50

D-50 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Congratulations, how did you land the job?

3. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks D-50. I responded to an ad I saw on craiglist.org for someone needing Bat Mitzvah photography and said that I'd be willing to do it for a good price to build up my porfolio. Turns out the person who placed the ad is their event planner and now she and I can work together. She is hoping to use me for clients that need someone affordable now and then once I've built up some experience, I'll be able to charge more. And, in case anyone is interested, I am getting a decent amount for this. $450 range.

Oh, and I think when I went to go meet the client what really cinched the deal was when I showed her the pictures I did of my sisters (I showed them here not too long ago. The "brace-face" girls haha)

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Two words....fill flash.

5. D-50

D-50 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    450 on the low end for a days work... not bad. I need to get a portfolio together. too bad I dont know anyone getting married soon.

6. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I guess I just think it's a decent amount meaning I will actually make a profit on it and be able to have the experience (and pictures for my website/portfolio) under my belt. Eventually I would definitely want to be able to charge much more than that.

7. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It may seem like a lot "just to take pictures"...but the more you look into it...the more you will see the time, skill, work and headache that goes into it.

8. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    So does anyone have a good general contract that they use for event photography? Not necessarily a wedding contract, but more of a general one?
    Also, I was trying to find some good examples of Bar Mitzvah photography and I'm having a hard time. Any suggestions for some sites to look at for inspiration? Specifically someone with GOOD examples of this type of ceremony?