I just got PS

Goldenblaze

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yeah, well i got it. You guys/gals have any tips or anything i should keep in mind using? How do you guys think i will learn it, any URL's that'd help me out learning? Feed back appreciated

The best thing to do to start learning is to try as many things out as you can with a test image..... then things your not sure how to use..... google.... there are alot of tutorials out there for ps.....;)

But it will take time to use proficiently...... and you'll never learn everything possible with ps..... i'v been using for 10 years and still dont know everything.

maybe have a few images which you want to look a certain way..... a landscape, a portrait etc.... and then find out ways you can achieve the right look..... you may end up with several versions of the same image that you like..... but its a good way to sart finding out what works and what doesn't....

You should find that eventually you know what look you want, and how to achieve it, before you've started editing...... some pics will always be a 'happy accident' and the result of just playing..... but its all part of the learning process. ;)

Edit;
btw the best things to start learning is levels.... curves.... hue/saturation.... chanel mixer.... and sharpening.
Dont worry about using special effect filters or anything.... just try and give your images a good tonal range and Balance.

ill deff start working on that when i get some time thanks for the help, once my room isnt so hot (probly tonight) ill mess around and learn! :)

Original

b44680139.jpg

PS'd
b44825679.jpg

Thats what i did messing around with it for about 15 minutes :)

It is pretty basic now that i played with it i figured how to get textures (by accident) found out how to highlight all of the same colors (or very close to the same color) i got black and white down and all the little stuff i think im doing pretty good, how about you?

Do a google search on layer Masks, they are an extremely useful tool. I have been teaching myself for about 8 months and found that following tutorials is a great way to learn. In the begining it appears overwhelming but once you start learning you'll pick thing up quicker.

Archangel said:
btw the best things to start learning is levels.... curves.... hue/saturation.... chanel mixer.... and sharpening.
Dont worry about using special effect filters or anything.... just try and give your images a good tonal range and Balance.

I agree completely. If you start doing things like copying and pasting people into pictures or trying to merge your friend's head with your dogs... you might be inviting a beating. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back