I just got this:

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

it's awesome. I can put my laptop and all my camera stuff in it and it still has room for whatever else I might want to take with me. it'll be great for the little trip I'm taking to DC over thanksgiving!

How is it for grabbing your camera on the fly? It looks like it'd be a pain to open without taking it all the way off.

I'm looking for a bag like a messenger bag that'll hang at my hip. Unfortunately, I'm slightly bigger around than most and those type of bags tend to be armpit bags for me. :(

How is it for grabbing your camera on the fly? It looks like it'd be a pain to open without taking it all the way off.

I'm looking for a bag like a messenger bag that'll hang at my hip. Unfortunately, I'm slightly bigger around than most and those type of bags tend to be armpit bags for me. :(

get two of them and splice 'em!

lol jk yes you would have to take the bag off to get at stuff, but if I am looking for pictures, I have my camera around my neck, not in the bag. I am not afraid to look like a tourist. people ignore you more when you look like that anyway. I keep my gear in the bag at all times though, so I needed something that I could fit everything into.

These fascinate me... is that one of the single shoulder strap jobs you can swing around front? I can see one of these in my future once I get the gear to justify it. LOVE the idea of the notebook tucked right in. Awesome.

This is a normal looking backpack. That's probably what I like most. I don't want a bag that screams "I have over $5000 worth of gear in me" while I'm in an airport.

I have a little 1 shoulder bag also. I like it, but it is too small now.

http://www.tamrac.com/3380.htm

it's awesome. I can put my laptop and all my camera stuff in it and it still has room for whatever else I might want to take with me. it'll be great for the little trip I'm taking to DC over thanksgiving!

If you like beer and street photography, send me a PM. I'm about an hour and a half commute time from the best little hole in the wall on Earth. The Brickskellar. It's in the Guinness Book for having over 1000 beers on the menu and it's right in the middle of DC, which offers up a ton of night time shooting opportunities.

Check out crumpler. I'm medium sized at 5'11" and 200 and mine sits right on my hip with room to spare. It's the 7 Million Dollar Home. I could take a picture with the straps all the way down if you're interested in them.

These fascinate me... is that one of the single shoulder strap jobs you can swing around front? I can see one of these in my future once I get the gear to justify it. LOVE the idea of the notebook tucked right in. Awesome.

Nope. Kata makes the 3N1 - XX series that has straps you can comfigure as a back pack, both across the chest, or only one strap and the camer and lenses are accessed via the sides. I have the 3N1 20 and it's held:

5D MKII (I'll have the grip today to see how well that fits)
24-70 f/2.8L (on the MKII)
70-200 f/2.8 IS
15mm f/2.8 Fish Eye

With those there's room for two more smaller lenses about the 15mm size. Something like a 16-35 would fit nicely.

In the top compartment I fit:
580EX II
2x pocket wizard PII's
Sekonic L358
Misc cards, cords, readers, charges, etc...

And to top it off, the bag is slightly wider than the 70-200, so everything fits snugly without much worry of things moving around.

I have a LowePro slingshot. It does not hold a laptop, but it works great and is super easy to access the camera and an extra lens.

I don't have enough stuff to need the one you got, but it looks awesome!

Thanks! I have a feeling it's going to be really great on trips. Plus, I love backpacks. I don't know why.

Just a heads up.

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. ......

Just a heads up.

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. ......
Your only saying that cause the bag is modeled beside a lovely canon :)
:p

sweet bag, I just wish the Rain cover compartment in my lowepro was larger to fit my laptop into!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just a heads up.

sweet bag, I just wish the Rain cover compartment in my lowepro was larger to fit my laptop into!

I love my rain cover on my Lowepro AW bags. I have had a Slingshot 200 AW for about a year now and have used the AW about 6 times. But was damn happy I had it each time.

The 1 shoulder thing is nice for an hour or so, but having it on your back for 5+ hours can be a killer the next morning, even with the secondary strap coming around the other side. I'm looking into a smaller backpack now for my day to day use.

I have a Lowepro Primus AW for my long walks / trips, but looking for a smaller bag when I just want to bring a camera and 1-2 lenses just in case.

Just a heads up.

I love my rain cover on my Lowepro AW bags. I have had a Slingshot 200 AW for about a year now and have used the AW about 6 times. But was damn happy I had it each time.

The 1 shoulder thing is nice for an hour or so, but having it on your back for 5+ hours can be a killer the next morning, even with the secondary strap coming around the other side. I'm looking into a smaller backpack now for my day to day use.

I have a Lowepro Primus AW for my long walks / trips, but looking for a smaller bag when I just want to bring a camera and 1-2 lenses just in case.
I know what you mean! i have the AW 300 (expected it to be larger.... can only fit my canon 450 + bettrygrip + 75-30mm (not extended) in the longest side
basically it cannot fit an A4 sheet of paper in it without distorting it someway.

and I wore it into glasgow once... was in for about 8 hours, my back killed!!!

I might just buy a rucksack and make my own IDK, Still a great bag, I love the quick draw feature.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back