I Just Luv It!!! *RANT

I think that some whiners need to realize that in the real world of serious enthusiast photography and even more so in the professional world, Simon Cowell is the ONLY approach.

Get real!!!

skieur

It would be much better if Simon Cowell knew what he was talking about half the time.

"the real world of serious enthusiast photography "

I once had a salesman that said he had to go out and couldn't do lunch with the office guys....his reason?

The "fast paced life of concrete sales." yeah. right.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Try joining a serious camera club or competing in your national association of photographic art and you will find that molly coddling those who think they are born photographers does NOT happen. Critique is clear, accurate, brutal and to the point.

skieur

It would be much better if Simon Cowell knew what he was talking about half the time.

That is a matter of opinion, but you need to recognize that you will run into art directors, editors, and other judges of photo quality that will have a range of knowledge and if you wish to be successful you will need to adapt.

skieur

Wait - if I ever go pro I have to sing? like a musical?
that might have undesriable side effects (shattered glass to name one)

Perhaps your singing is better than your photography. :lol::lol::lol:

skieur

Perhaps your singing is better than your photography. :lol::lol::lol:

skieur

meany - my photos are not that bad!!!!
*hates and shuns skieur now*

;)

- ps - next to the quote button is multiquote - click it to make it go orange and then select any other posts you wish to quote and then click the post reply button - all the quotes will be added in one post :)

That is a matter of opinion, but you need to recognize that you will run into art directors, editors, and other judges of photo quality that will have a range of knowledge and if you wish to be successful you will need to adapt.

skieur

It's only a matter of opinion to those who don't know any better. None of his blunt critiques have any foundation in real musical knowledge (probably because he has no real musical education) and makes most professional musicians cringe.

It's only a matter of opinion to those who don't know any better. None of his blunt critiques have any foundation in real musical knowledge (probably because he has no real musical education) and makes most professional musicians cringe.
Yet his blunt critiques without any foundation in real musical knowledge has netted himself a rather nice bank account. Comparitively speaking... oh nevermind. I dare say that his business savvy is on top form, whether or not you agree with his critical analysis or not.

Yet his blunt critiques without any foundation in real musical knowledge has netted himself a rather nice bank account. Comparitively speaking... oh nevermind. I dare say that his business savvy is on top form, whether or not you agree with his critical analysis or not.

His connections got him that bank account ;)

I think that some whiners need to realize that in the real world of serious enthusiast photography and even more so in the professional world, Simon Cowell is the ONLY approach.

Get real!!!

skieur

Then we should all audition for American Idol?

--
from the TPF FAQ

It is the mission of The Photo Forum to be an informative, educational, and friendly place to discuss all aspects of photography, as well as a place to share images.
--

Get real!!!

skieur

I am well aware of how people act, but it doesn't give them a good reason to. There is no reason to have an attitude or to lack simple courtesy towards another human being. The only reason this exists is the typical alpha-male "If you were really a good photographer, you'd know you need to fix this and this..." Its BS, whether its the only approach or not.

I can honestly say I've never learned something better because the guy or girl who taught it to me was an @ss about it. You can try and justify rude, arrogant behavior all you want, but it serves no purpose, other than making the person acting so feel better about him/herself.

--
from the TPF FAQ

It is the mission of The Photo Forum to be an informative, educational, and friendly place to discuss all aspects of photography, as well as a place to share images.
--

Thanks, abraxas!

+1 ....

What's wrong with snapshots??? and they can be critiqued. A large portion of photojournalists' work are just that.. snapshots... All you have to do is browse the archive of Magnum photographers and see a whollatta nice very important... snapshots.

I guess Robert Capa's coverage of D-day is a series of snapshots not worth our time...... :confused:

To tell you the truth.. none of us here are at that level of photography that we could pass such a judgement on another's work. I don't like elitists who think their preconceived notion on photography (or art) is the correct one. Snapshots is just another form of photography...

You make good points! Even in National Geographic, a lot of thier photos are fly by the seat of you pants "snapshots". I think "snapshots" defiantly have the potential to be more powerful than a "photograph";)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back