I just peeked...

Update:

I went swimming with the garbage bag over my foot (taped with duck tape)...

But apparently garbage bags aren't thick enough... And it quickly filled up with water...

So I took it off, and it was soaked. So I kept my foot in the pool to soak the dressing's off. - Took FOREVER cause I couldn't pull them, because I was so close to throwing up from the sight of it. (It was really, really, really disgusting)

I eventually got it off, and burst into tears - my toe looks HIDEOUS! really, really disgusting...

So my aunty came and cleaned it up for me (all the while reassuring me it looked good)...

She squirted lots of disinfectant into it (she works for the Air Force in Medical, so gets a free first aid kit)..

Cleaned it all up (it looks a LOT better once all the blood had been washed off). She then replaced all the dressings & bandage.

Then tonight, I tried to get my black work shoes on, and I can't get my foot into them - cause the bandages are so tight. We have now tried 5 pairs of shoes (including mens)... None of them fit.

So Mum is going to ring work tomorrow and ask them what they want me to do - do they want me to come with only a sock on. Or Not come in? Or do they want me to go in and buy a black maseur sandle (I have some beige ones, but am not particularly fussed on wearing that with a black shoe)...

Yep. So thats about the extent of my day. I don't want to not go to work tomorrow, cause that isn't fair on the other girl who is working (in quite possibly the busiest day of the year).

*sigh* this toe is more trouble than its worth.

Once it's healed it'll look fine. The nail will just look narrow. If they did to you what they did to me.

I had to buy a pair of sandles when I had mine done. :)

my nail didn't look narrow when i saw it. But I was really freaked out - so maybe it is. lol...

Mum bought me some black sandles today, so i didnt have to wear the beige one on a black sock anymore :)

(I had to wear a black sock & sandles to work today )

You'd better hope none of your co-workers stands on your foot by accident -I would've gone out and bought Steel-cap boots for good measure. :shock:

Most reactions

Back