Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We've got a nice storm going through right now...nice and gentle...some lightning and thunder, a little drizzle and not a lot of wind.

I got up to look out the front window, and saw a deer at the end of the driveway! Now, that's not that unusual, there are TONS of them around here...but it's cool to see them when I'm not in my car, and when they don't see me.

That's not even the cool part. I went and opened up the back patio door (2nd story patio) to watch the storm a bit...and there, towards the end of the back yard, where there are a few trees and then a corn field...I see another deer!!! WITH TWO TEENSY BABIES!!! They stayed under the trees for a bit, and the babies were running and playing. It was so cool! I've never watched a deer play before! They were running around in big circles...one of em would run kinda far up into our yard, then thunder would hit, and it would bolt back to it's mama, and then do it again! It was SO COOL! I quietly crept to get my cam, but couldn't see much with the lense that's on it...so I ran to get Erik's 300mm...they were starting to leave when I got back, and the only pics I got with the 300mm are blurry. :(

But...IT WAS SOOOO COOOOOL!!!!!

That would be soooo sweet to see the babies running and playing! LUCKY lucky you. Sounds like a magical moment.

I have had something kind of like this happen, but a little different. Before I got my drivers license I was riding my bike to my high school (about 2.5 mile ride or so) and as I was stopping at an intersection a deer crosses the road right in front of me. The hooves on the road sound really awesome and she didn't seem to get scared by me at all.

That is pretty cool. The fawns are usually pretty well hidden.

Just last week, we were sitting on the deck at my in-law's farm when a young buck came walking through the yard. Then last Saturday, I saw two moose come trotting down a dirt road, onto the highway and then across into a field. I have photos of both instances...I'll try to upload and post them if I have time.

That's awesome Mike!

Oooh, today, I looked out the bathroom window, and saw a turkey in the backyard! (I think it was a turkey, at least)...then when I went to leave for work, it was just a few feet from the bottom of the stairs as I walked out the door. It saw me and went running for the orchard.

and I saw a dead cat today... hit by a car....

Also, when we were driving out to the farm...there was a mother duck and about 7 ducklings, walking across the highway all in a line. Very cute. I had to slow down and swerve to prevent running them over...but they all made it safely across. Hopefully that's the only time they will need to cross the road.

Big Mike said:
Also, when we were driving out to the farm...there was a mother duck and about 7 ducklings, walking across the highway all in a line. Very cute. I had to slow down and swerve to prevent running them over...but they all made it safely across. Hopefully that's the only time they will need to cross the road.

Aaaaw!!!! So cuuuuute!!!!! I love wildlife sightings. :D

Here are those photos I mentioned.

RMParty-002-web.jpg

RMParty-016-web.jpg

Wow, I could only imagine seeing moose run across the road, that would be so cool.

We have a lot of deer too and unfortunately, I mostly see them while in the car, and usually a little too close to the car for comfort. Luckily I haven't hit any yet but everyone I know has hit at least one, they can do a lot of damage. I wouldn't even want to think of the damage a moose could do:lol:

The other day we were out and about and saw two deer playing in the river. It was very cool.

Ya, those moose are huge...I wouldn't want to hit anything that big. I wouldn't want to hit anything really :lol:

Most reactions

Back