I just won a potato gun....

Sure it is...it shoots potato pellets. Therefore, it's a potato gun.

It's just a supremely sucky one.

:lol: I was gonna say cannon, but that works.

Mine is a potato gun....it's just a tiny potato pellet pistol.

I'm fighting the urge to stick the barrel out the hole in my window screen and try to get potato pellets to drop into people's ice cream cones....(I live next door to a sweet shop with delicious ice cream).

:p It's truly a harmless potato gun....I shot myself in the arm to test it! :p Yeah, and potatos that you've used for ammo look really nasty if you leave them, full of holes, on the counter all night. :p

food fight lol

Hey M-O-S, what's up with the necromancy tonight?

I used to make spud guns all the time, at some piont I intend to build one and shoot beer cans out of it.

Lol well I just came here, I haven't been here for so long and, thought I'd see the last of my posts.....:mrgreen:

careful Corry, they are quite illegal in some states. ;)

If you don't know, a potato gun is a long plastic pipe big enough for a potato to fit in and a hole at the bottom so you can spray hairspray(or anything of the like) in and light. Launching the potato quite far.

it's actually very dangerous. :lol:

I have done some research about legality of potato guns, and somewhere there is a government document (Federal) that states that they ARE LEGAL, as long as they are used for launching food for non destructive recreation and are not intended to harm people, animals or property.

By the way Using compressed air and a valve works way better than hairspray ignition guns!

Corry, Too bad you got the toy pellet kind, I think that we should have a TFP meet-up to build potato guns. Plus if we all get together you could make out with Daan.:lol:

I used to make spud guns all the time, at some piont I intend to build one and shoot beer cans out of it.

...Beercans?! :stun: That would need to be one MIGHTY POWERFUL spud gun!! :lmao:

(...I suspect only Minolta people would get it...:lol: )

lols

When I saw that picture, I heard in my head that sound that is synonomous with failure... you know... the "wah wah waaaahhh"

We had a potato gun when I was a child, eventually the spray chamber cracked from all of the explosions that we just discarded it. It would shoot quite powerfully. We could shoot spuds through 2 ply boards at 30+ yards. We also shot them across the lake channel near our house, which was atleast 150 yrds across, clearing it easily.

Little tip though, get the cheapest hairspray on the market (like at the dollar store). The cheaper the spray, the more alcohol content they have. boom.

My brother and I used to play with potato guns, or 'Spudguns' as we called them.... I remember once my dad chased us into the shed for a joke cos we kept shooting them at him, we locked ourselves in and when my dad peeked through a hole in the shed my brother stuck his spudgun in the hole and shot him in the eye.... he was ok though... bizarrely, well it hurt him a lot but he can see...!

Nice children we were...

Then there was the time I leapt out of the hedge and fired my extremely loud replica shotgun at my neighbour with a weak heart and nearly gave him his third heart attack... like, seriously.

Most reactions

Back