TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
c and c please

025.jpg

029.jpg

1st one seems over exposed and over saturated

I think the photos would have been so much more appealing if the model dressed for the occasion.

agreed.

also i do think that some PP would be appropriate here...maybe some softening of the oversat.
also, i'd be curious to see how these look in BW.
might be me, but im thinking the first one looks a bit o.o.f. as well.

great title though!

They are out of focus and overexposed but I think the most prominent issue is the clothing choice. This would look much nicer with a pair of jeans and a button down shirt (or something similar). With a little work they could be very nice shots, keep at it! :)

just snapshots, nothing impressive here.

This is the beginners forum, you know... Maybe share a bit of advice or something that would help, instead of swooping in, passing judgement and swooping back out?

Anyway, I agree with everyone else. The clothing is what kills these pictures. Even these exact same poses with more appropriate clothing would make much stronger shots.

Also maybe clone out that belly button piercing hole in the second shot. :p

She has some blemishes on her thumbnails and on her stomach that are a little distracting, too.

I guess overall the thing here is that you probably want to make the person look nice in the shot... clothing, covering up or at least de-emphasizing little flaws, etc. would all help to make the source material good. Once you have that, then you can focus on ensuring that your exposures are complimentary to the subject.

Of course, it's possible that we have a slightly unorthodox person here and she may want a more gritty perspective... in which case flaws, and even a bit of overexposure may be pleasing to her. That may well be her favorite outfit.

It's a little hard to judge without personally knowing the subject. Certainly the gut reaction is "wow, dress nicer" and "hmmm, maybe a softer look would be better", etc. but not if she is as about as far from a demure quaint soul as she can be.

You can be gritty and still coordinate colors for a visually appealing image. The first image has not even approached that.

I agree with what everyone else has said so far.

Subject has a very pretty eye shape.
But her nails are dirty. And I don't mean the chipped nail polish. Her nails are dirty, and that is very distracting to me. I know, that's probably a personal preference thing (dirty nails drive me CRAZY), but I'd try to improve that somehow in PP.
Maybe try a reshoot?

Keep in mind we're in beginner's forum here, so go easy...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back