I know, I know, another pricing question...

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got contacted by a financial advising firm and they need some pictures for the brochure they are making. They said they need shots of them interacting with clients and a shot of the financial advisor outside of the office, but mainly just want some candid shots, mainly with this one female advisor.
This is a little different from doing childrens and family photos and I normally sell a digital file for $50 with unlimited print rights, but they aren't really needing it for a print, they need it for advertising in a brochure.

So, I am thinking about charging my normal session fee of $300 which would cover taking the photos and some light editing of about 35-45. And then charging a set amount for the digital file with permission to use on their website and in the brochure. I would probably do some heavier editing on the files chosen.
But, what should the set amount be for a digital file being used this way? Seems like $50 is cheap for a picture to be used this way.
Thoughts?

I'd sell them a weeks work from you and an assistant to hold reflectors etc for about $4000 or the highest you can get. They might need models for the interacting shots too. Then I'd give them the shots royalty free. Hopefully they'll be back next year for the 2009 brochure.

The best thing is to discuss pricing with the client. What is their budget? What are they expecting from the images. Can you do it with your current setup or will you need to hire assistants and make up. You will also need to consider the amount of exposure the photos will be getting and how large they will run. How many copies will be produced? Another important question is will they own the rights forever. Ultimately I would bill it as a set fee for the whole project as opposed to a fee for each photo. Also try and have the art director or designer with you during the shoot.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back