I know which lens...How about a case for it?

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have decided to purchase the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nikon Telephoto AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF (the f/2.8 will have to wait) along with the TC17 E II teleconverter. I was wondering if you would get a padded lens case as well? Or just settle with the soft case provided.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The review on the Lowepro is not good, but it is only one persons opinion. I got one for my 12-24mm, but it won't handle the hood, so I have to put it in the body of my bag. My bag is full.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I do plan to be hiking while carrying the lens. All suggestions welcomed.[/FONT][/FONT]

the case probably sucks. If it's anything like the 70-200mm canon L case, which is soft as a baby's bottom...you're gonna want something padded.

My 80-200 f/2.8 came with a kick ass lens case big black leather toob lookin thing with soft red padding inside....but I never use it. The lens is usualy always attached to my camera body.

When I bought my 70-200 2.8VR I got a very good padded case for it that I would trust in just about any condition. Before you buy a case for your lens I would find out what kind of case actually comes with it I think you might be surprised at the quality you will get with a $1000+ lens.

I did a google search and the case that comes with the 300 F/4 is the cl-m2 and it is the same case that comes with the 70-200 2.8VR and it is a very sturdy reliable case in my opinion. If you want to look for yourself I would suggest doing a google search for cl-m2.

Thanks

JIP. I had just done this, as well as looking at B&H. They sell it for $50 bucks so I'm guessing it's good enough to start off with at least.

My bag is full.
What about getting a bigger bag...or else thinning down your current bag by prioritizing your gear and taking out what you don't need?

I have 5 or 6 camera bags now...none of them will hold all my gear but if I know what type of excursion I will be on, I pack appropriately. Or at least I try to.

What about getting a bigger bag...

A man after my own heart... more stuff, bigger bag... too much stuff for one bag, then two bags.

Rinse, repeat.

Yes sir, No sir, three bags Full sir.:lol:

That's on my list as well.

I can just imagine that what's left behind will come in handy when I get there.

Well I can tell you the case that comes with the lens is waaay too big to fit into any camera bag. So you will be needing to buy a new overall bag to hold your gear or live with having to carry this lens around in it's own case all the time.

Yes sir, No sir, three bags Full sir.:lol:

That's on my list as well.

I can just imagine that what's left behind will come in handy when I get there.

Ya...that's probably my enxt investment is a huge bag...but they're expensive, and I'm in college...lol.

Problem is...you can never get a bag big enough...but you want one small enough to fit in your SUV...ahaha

Most reactions

Back