voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got my first fixed lens for the d70. went and purchased the 50mm 1.8 lens. I decided to be a photojournalist for the 4th of july bbq and did everything handheld with no flash indoors. I used a custom white balance using a grey card. I'm really pleased with the skintones on this one.
Let me have it. :D

meghan01.jpg

Maybe it's my monitor but the whole pic has a brownish tint and the skintones look that way too but it's a neat study of the child.

mrsid99 said:
Maybe it's my monitor but the whole pic has a brownish tint and the skintones look that way too but it's a neat study of the child.
The back wall does appear to have brownish tint but that is because it is further from the windows and underexposed compared to the childs skin. I've been debating what to do about the background... i don't really like the brown that much either.

Please excuse me for playing with your pic but does this seem any better?

meghan01PS1.jpg

Definately better than the first except for the blown out highlights on the pink shirt. but it was late and i did no processing besides levels. I'm still not grand on the color of the background. I can take it out by taking down the saturation on the yellow. but it takes away the gold in the hair.

So get to work with Photoshopping it and let's see the result!

canonrebel said:
It looks better on my monitor for sure. How did you achieve this?

Didn't change anything that much since I was trying to preserve the original as much as possible.
Just a little more brightness, contrast and saturation plus a little fiddling with the color balance.

Well I can get it ok.. looks a lot like what mrsid did w/o the blown out highlights. but I'm still not that excited about it. So I took the easy way out ;)

meghan01bw.jpg

That cute kid has to be in color!
I've throttled back a little on the brightness to to stop you fretting about the highlights so try this:

meghan01PS2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back