I made a choice

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by ShutterSpeed, Dec 19, 2008.

1. ShutterSpeed

ShutterSpeed TPF Noob!

Teresina, Brazil otherwise known as the End of the
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I debated myself, considered the options. I was considering Canons entry-level DSLR or Nikon DSLR. I found a great deal last night on a NikonD60 with 2 lenses and free shipping.

I got the 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lens combo and picked up a 4GB SD Card for it...and am just now waiting for it to arrive. Too bad the free shipping is a ground shipment.

But I'm so excited. Now I don't have to borrow my wife's camera anymore - and I have my own little toy to go out and take pictures with.

The biggest thing about this purchase is that i got two lenses for a little less than the list price of the combo with the 18-55 lens at list. So pumped. Paid no sales tax, no shipping ...woohoo!

2. Lyncca

Lyncca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Congratulations!

3. AlexColeman

AlexColeman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Congrats, now just wait for you to feel limited by it.

4. Lyncca

Lyncca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's kinda rude. If someone is excited about something you shouldn't knock it down. So what if he does eventually feel limited, maybe he won't. If he does, he will do like the rest of us and keep upgrading. Or, it might serve his purposes just fine ;)

5. hankejp

hankejp TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Congrats. Can't wait to see some pics.

6. ShutterSpeed

ShutterSpeed TPF Noob!

Teresina, Brazil otherwise known as the End of the
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks! I thought i even stated that I wanted an entry-level SLR. I'm not of the opinion that the better camera makes someone a better photographer.

Sure, eventually, I'll upgrade, but I'm not doing this as a profession at the moment - so, if I get to that point, i'll invest in a higher model. But for now, it's a hobby and until i find a need for something more, i'll remain excited about this.

Looks like you've got a lot of nice equipment, by the way. In a month or two, i'll get myself a couple of speedflashes, etc