I messed up and downloaded Lightroom!

I was going to suggest setting back the time on your computor to use your free version of Lightroom....but I think that might be illegal....but it works...but so would robbing a bank and buying new stuff....

GIMP is a REALLY nice program for editing programs. Its a lot like Photoshop, execept its 100% free (and legal ahaha)
If you Shoot RAW youll need to download UfRAW also.

I was going to suggest setting back the time on your computor to use your free version of Lightroom....but I think that might be illegal....but it works...but so would robbing a bank and buying new stuff....

GIMP is a REALLY nice program for editing programs. Its a lot like Photoshop, execept its 100% free (and legal ahaha)

I already use gimp for some of my Montage work, but now that you mention it I haven't tried to use it with any RAW files. Is UfRAW an add on to GIMP or is it a stand alone program?

There is (was) a program called RawShooter Essentials. They don't make it anymore, because I think that Adobe bought them up when they were developing Lightroom. Anyway, it was a freely down-loadable program and it worked great. It was pretty similar to LR 1 in many ways.

The problem now, is that because it's been out of production for so long, it hasn't been updated to work with the RAW files from newer cameras. But I think you may be in-luck because the Rebel XT is fairly old. It does work with RAW files from my 20D, which is only a little older than the XT (IFRC).

I don't know if you will be able to find it to download...but it can't hurt to try.

Are you kidding? If LR will get you divorced, I'd hate to think what would happen to you if you upgraded bodies or got a new lens. ;)

Don't even get me started. She loves the shots I get, the house is covered in them. But she won't let me spend a dime on new equipment. In her defense though we really don't have a lot of expendable cash. I am currently trying to sell off some of my other hobby equipment to buy a lens or two. I need to win the lottery or find a rich long lost aunt. LOL

Man, I feel your pain. For me to suggest I spend my own $$$ on LR would be a cats-a$$-trophy in my house.

He nearly stroked over my purchase of a DSLR.
I have the $ so that is not the issue.

I'm holding off on the download trial b/c I know I will HAVE to own it.

What a dilemma!

:confused:

I already use gimp for some of my Montage work, but now that you mention it I haven't tried to use it with any RAW files. Is UfRAW an add on to GIMP or is it a stand alone program?

I beleive it can be either....heres the link tho. UFRaw - Home Its like one program that you do all the raw stuff in, then you open the photo and edit it in GIMP.

*EDIT*
My B.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back