i need a artists statement for my artists page

Well, for what it is worth...I'd suggest that you put up your work, and follow it with a concise description of what you were trying to accomplish. Art speaks for itself and doesn't need pedantic verbosity to explain it. But since it is all interpretive then the authors explanation is both helpful, and may even lead another to discover a new view.

Well, for what it is worth...I'd suggest that you put up your work, and follow it with a concise description of what you were trying to accomplish. Art speaks for itself and doesn't need pedantic verbosity to explain it. But since it is all interpretive then the authors explanation is both helpful, and may even lead another to discover a new view.
My work follows pretty much in line with my attitude (dark humor, sarcasm and indifference). But since that doesn't present well i am working on coming up with prettier photos and a more presentable personal image. LMAO.

My work follows pretty much in line with my attitude (dark humor, sarcasm and indifference). But since that doesn't present well i am working on coming up with prettier photos and a more presentable personal image. LMAO.
Get a black (dirty & torn) turtleneck, a pair of dark 'John Lennon' glasses, and a beret. Carry a crumpled packet of Gauloises' in your hand and ignore everyone. Voila... instant artist statement.

Can't wear denim jeans, though. That's what I wear 99.186% of the time, and nobody has ever mistaken me for an artist.

Get a black (dirty & torn) turtleneck, a pair of dark 'John Lennon' glasses, and a beret. Carry a crumpled packet of Gauloises' in your hand and ignore everyone. Voila... instant artist statement.
I had the round sun glasses before the movie "natural born killer " came out. The family thing made me dump them and i don't even carry guns anymore on my person anymore. Lost like 20 lbs. right there and didn't even have to diet. :biglaugh:Can't say much for the beret, never liked hats. And i owned only one turtle neck in my life. Something to consider though maybe i need a makeover. :bouncingsmileys:

Can't wear denim jeans, though. That's what I wear 99.186% of the time, and nobody has ever mistaken me for an artist.
same here. I do have some khakis though.

Go visit the Salvation Army store and paw through the racks. I think that is where most artists shop for clothing.

Well obviously, you don't have the appropriate "artist" wear marks to give the appropriate message. On the other hand, I have it on good authority (ie, my wife) that it's not the clothes, but HOW you wear them. Needless to say, I'm still working on the appropriate way, with frequent coaching, as you can expect.

Just leave the trousers out of the equation altogether!
Yup! I've seen one like that. He wore some kind of a long robe thing. And unfortunately, I could tell he wore no underwear. His wife was dressed like 5th Avenue.

Just leave the trousers out of the equation altogether!
Yup! I've seen one like that. He wore some kind of a long robe thing. And unfortunately, I could tell he wore no underwear. His wife was dressed like 5th Avenue.
having a exhibition in a nudist colony would totally take clothing out of the equation. Just trying to simplify things.

“An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision.”

Most reactions

New Topics

Back