I need a flash for camera

Shotkatcher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
s5200-dcrcf185pro.jpg
I have a Fujifilm S5600 as shown here with a telephoto lens. With a telephoto or wide angle lens on it has a rather large black area where the flash is blocked by the lens. I recently purchased a Vivitar 2600 flash and a mounting bracket because there is no hot shoe on the camera. This flash is not an auto slave and is origanally made for 35mm cameras. I did a little reasearch on these flashes for digital cameras and the sites said I should buy a safe sync slave unit. If I put the slave unit on the flash bracket and then put the flash on the safe sync will it still work? If anyone knows anything about this subject if you would please reply I would be very grateful Thank You.:(

You can use a wein safe sync like this. It will go onto the hot-shoe of your camera. Then you can use either a PC cord or a hot-shoe extension cord to fire the on the bracket.

The thing is this camera has no hot shoe which is why i got the bracket im asking if I put a slave unit on the bracket and then put the flash on the slave unit if it has any chance of damaging the camera and will it still work without wires

Most reactions

Back