I need a little help with one photo

ok, i cannot see anyone in this thread being harsh. replies appear very carefully phrased and in an explaining tone, not really accusing.

Sorry life is inconvenient for you.... but you still don't get to take another photographer's image.

Stuff like this ticks me off, just last week I saw someone selling one of my photos on ebay, however the photo is a public domain photo so it can be used for whatever anyone want (mainly intended for magazine publications, newpapers, news media) but for someone to make money off of it isnt right but he can do it since its public domain however that doesnt make it right, heck I cant even make money off of it and I took the photo.

Stuff like this ticks me off, just last week I saw someone selling one of my photos on ebay, however the photo is a public domain photo so it can be used for whatever anyone want (mainly intended for magazine publications, newpapers, news media) but for someone to make money off of it isnt right but he can do it since its public domain however that doesnt make it right, heck I cant even make money off of it and I took the photo.

The public domain is overrated, as demonstrated, the public are ingracious.

I find it interesting that there is no public domain music audio in the U.S. Too bad photography isn't like that.

jeeeze.. all hes asking for is a picture to give as a present.. its not like its going to be resold a million times... dont be so harsh.
Re-printing it one time or a million times is still theft plain and simple. Why dont you Email the photographer who took it and see if he will let you re-print his work for free.

Someone stole a strawberry shot from me once, printed it on some cards and sent me one for my birthday...:madmad:

messy.....veeerrry messy..

Someone stole a strawberry shot from me once, printed it on some cards and sent me one for my birthday...:madmad:

messy.....veeerrry messy..
Very funny but you are not in the business of selling that specific image for profit.

Unless of course you are then mabye you should get restitution.

Very funny but you are not in the business of selling that specific image for profit.

He printed a dozen or so up and sent them out as cards for whatever occasion, its irrelivent.
It has absolutely nothing to do with money.
This is where the whole thing gets all fogged up with £ notes.
You either get paid for what you do or you don't, either way, is it any less theft because it wasn't onsale, is it any less theft because those dozen reproductions weren't sold on.....ofcourse not, it was taken without my permission and like every other stolen photo story, pro or not, has nothing to do with commercial value, business or anything else.
It is funny, I can laugh about it now, but blood was spilled, punches were thrown and I dont get cards anymore:grumpy:
You don't need to be pro to be protective of your work, money is a total side issue.

Well if it does mean that much to you I say go after the guy. I am a big suporter of copyrights And when I worked at Ritz I would not copy any imge that I thought was qestionable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back