I need a little help

Santiago Narayana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,

I am new here and sorry if I am in the wrong category.

Some days ago my camera just show up this little shadow in the corner and I have no idea why.

19494891204_629feaae46_b.jpg

I take this picture with some light.

20109525202_d4302e5f19_b.jpg

When I use the zoom, it disappears. Today it seems a bit smaller.

19496533553_a9cd809190_b.jpg

I realize that the other corner looks a little dark too.

I don't know what went wrong with my camera, (Lumix FZ60).

panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz60-fz62.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help and sorry for my english.

Do you have a filter over the lens, if you do try it without the filter. I have seen that on some of my zooms if I have a filter on the front of the lens but usually it would be in all 4 corners and only at one end of the zoom range.

No, I don't have a filter. I'm afraid that it's inside of the camera, I can't see any anormal thing in the lens. :/

Thanks Woodsman

Try google the camera model and fault

It looks as though the sensor has been displaced from its usual position. Has this camera been dropped or jarred recently? A hard bump might cause the sensor to become misaligned. Can you visually inspect the sensor yourself?

Nope, no dropped recently.

It's a compact camera so I can't see the sensor.

I'm wondering, if the problem is in the sensor, the shadow don't should still show in the photo even if I zoom in?

Sorry again about my English, I feel that is a little weird haha.

I'm wondering, if the problem is in the sensor, the shadow don't should still show in the photo even if I zoom in?
It will depend on how far the sensor has been moved out of alignment.

That looks like the edge of the image circle. I wasn't thinking the sensor had moved... but it made me wonder if a lens element hasn't shifted.

Either way... normally it would require a hard hit to shift the lens axis out of alignment.

That looks like the edge of the image circle. I wasn't thinking the sensor had moved... but it made me wonder if a lens element hasn't shifted.

Either way... normally it would require a hard hit to shift the lens axis out of alignment.

I have worked with electronic and electro mechanical devices pretty much all my life. The sensor or the lens shifting position within the chassis of this camera would be fairly catastrophic. I can't imagine this would be the case and not have the camera show some external witness marks as this would require a pretty substantial hit.

If, in fact, that were the situation and this did happen, I would be very surprised that the camera would even turn on, let alone still take pictures.

Tim mentioned a shifted lens element.....picture two above makes me think about that a little bit.

Last edited:

Now that I have thought about it more, I am going to back off on my idea about it possibly being only the sensor position.

The reason is that I'm not sure what kind of image would be captured by the sensor if the lens was not involved. IOW; we see an in-focus portion of the inside of the lens, so how could that image be in focus?

My money is on a lens element getting misaligned.

Is it to late to cry Warranty :1219:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back