I need a proof book!

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by manaheim, May 20, 2009.

1. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well, not exactly.

What I need is some kind of bound book of my photos that I can bring with me to show people. Ideally one photo per page, good quality photos.

I've looked around and can't seem to find something that would suit me... proof book seems closeish, but I need higher quality and only one image per page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

2. teneighty23

teneighty23 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    what kind of computer you run? your in luck for an easy job if your on a Mac, i assume not tho if you asking on here, i have not tried it at all, but i hear Mpix is a decent place to work with, and they offer MANY different routes to go about this, so check them out. im not sure if photoshop has a system like this in the program or not, im lucky tho, i get my albums from my bro for christmas and birthday, beautiful stuff Shrapnel Design - Portfolios, cuffs, custom design, Vancouver BC

3. bdavis

bdavis TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Go online to Blurb and you can have a custom photo book made. You download the software, its easy to use, and you design your own book. They are surprisingly cheap too.

4. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I don't run a mac... I had looked at MPIX before but they didn't have what I needed then. I will check again.

I'll check it out, thanks. How is the quality?

5. bdavis

bdavis TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I hear the quality is very good. They have both soft and hard covers available in different sizes. Perfect for making coffee table books or hand outs.

6. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Chris, I would just do what the pros do... pickup a leather portfolio "suitcase" and put your prints in there. Once you print out the book, it is hard to change. If you did a really great shoot and want to add a couple pages, you have to reprint the entire book again. With the portfolio case, it is like a huge binder... just purchase another plastic inset and insert it into the portfolio like a page into a school binder.

Initial cost would be perhaps a little more than the book, but it is a lifetime investment and looks WAY better... especially if you get one of these new-fangled aluminum ones!

If you did not want to spend that much, Pina makes a ton of 3-ring binder style portfolio holders for like $25.

(you can thank me now or later... LOL!)

7. Seefutlung

Seefutlung TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    One methodology is Desk Top Publishing. Get a DTP program and design your own book. Print out individual pages and either have them bound at a print shop or copy place or bind them youself via binding machines available at any office supply.

You don't need DTP, but DTP will give you complete control over text, art and the combination thereof.

Gary