I need a web gallery, photo processing site.

dpolston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone…

I have to say that I do not spend every waking moment here but I do enjoy the forums you post. I find if comforting that you all give “honest” opinions and a lot of valuable advice here. So I am trying my hand here again for more advice.

I really do not lock myself into a specific type of photography although I shoot practically everything. I have been leaning towards sports photography lately (field hockey mainly) because of my daughters. Last weekend at an all day tournament I talked my way onto the field and took a lot of photos of the different teams and was approached by parents wanting to buy some of the prints. And yesterday, I was asked to cover a marching band competition (6 high schools) and take team photos and individual photos of the musicians. I usually take on clients that have one or two contact people that I can provide a proof cd to. I do not market to large markets where dozens of people need to see the work, much less order from individually.

My main question is about online photo processing sites. I do not (nor do I want to) print my own photos. I have seen other photographers take printers to the events, shoot the subject, print the photo, sell it and have a good day! I personally use local companies simply for the ease (for me) and cost for my customers. Plus I think a professional lab has far superior quality prints and it doesn’t cost a fortune for ink for my printer.

Have you had any good results for online web processors who will allow people to order your prints, and who are they? I want a simple site that I can upload 500 or so photos and charge prices I set for my work (i.e. $15.00 for an individual 8x10). I realize that they [the web company] will charge for the printing services but I don’t necessarily want to join a monthly service since these events for me are rare.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your advice.

David

www.davidpolston.com

This may be a real generic response but I use smugmug for now it works as a web-page for me and my costumers can buy all the prints they want from it and I can set my prices and get some profit and I can also order prints. I do all my prof print because I can have them done and to the costumer with out having to what for shipping and I don't think smug mug does proofs but it is easy and all in one. It is 150 dollars a year though so there is probably better/ cheaper solutions.

Check out Exposure Manager. I like them alot.

I use LabPrints.com. It helps to post images online and to link them to your own website. Also, you can choose a lab that is a LabPrint "lab" and send them your order. Very easy to use!!! Hope this helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back