I need abit of help please

Cup Of Tea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm totally new at this, I have a pooy Olympian DC-12V thats only just good enough for quick snaps, the focus and light and everything is rubbish. I need to get something alot better so I can start my protfolio for Uni. I have about £300 so it's not the largest bugget but I'm a amature and need a starting camera. What would you recomend? What is in your opinion is the best brand? What should I look for in a DSLR? Thank you xx

The best advice I could give you is to go to a camera store (and note I said a camera store not wally or Kmart where they are on a wire) and pick up all the different models and brands that are in your price range and see wich one feels the best to you. When you have done this come back here if you have questions concerning specific models and brands. This can help to avoid a big 2 Vs. Minolta Vs. Sony discussion.

For £300 you are probably looking at second hand, maybe a Canon 10d or a 300d or Nikon D70 with a lens or two.

They will all do more or less anything that you want them to do from fully auto to fully manual and all in between.

As JIP says, it depends on how they feel to you, but thats something that you can get used to whichever you choose I believe, personally it would be a toss up between the 10D and the D70, choose a badge you like and go for it.

Most reactions

Back