I need an excuse...

Phazan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A pretty girl who sits behind me in math asked if she could borrow my camera for the weekend. She's not a photographer, and I'm worried about my camera! It's hard to say no to her. lol

Help!

.... she wants to borrow you camera for the weekend - as in you won't be there?

simple - NO!
use any defence - be geeky - protective - or see if you have a point and shoot that is any good!
Might be hard to say no but you will be very sad if she breaks it by accident - and its a lot of money so chances are she will also be sad at breaking it -- and also probably unable to use it if she really has never used a DSLR

.... she wants to borrow you camera for the weekend - as in you won't be there?

simple - NO!
use any defence - be geeky - protective - or see if you have a point and shoot that is any good!
Might be hard to say no but you will be very sad if she breaks it by accident - and its a lot of money so chances are she will also be sad at breaking it -- and also probably unable to use it if she really has never used a DSLR

+1

i know this is going to be a wild idea, but you could always say that youre going to use it.

A pretty girl who sits behind me in math asked if she could borrow my camera for the weekend. She's not a photographer, and I'm worried about my camera! It's hard to say no to her. lol

Help!

There isn't any woman short of my own mother that could borrow my camera for a whole weekend... Maybe Mother Theresa, but she's dead.

Tell her NO! Strangely enough, she'll think you're hotter if you do. If you say yes, she'll know you're soft and she can use you, but if you stand up to her, she'll find you a challenge and keep trying. Tease her by not giving her what she wants, and see what happens.

To me, it depends. Would I let a stranger borrow my 4x5? Not a chance. But would I let someone I know borrow one of my K1000s? Sure. Why not? I'd let a friend borrow my car, or my tools, or my cat for the weekend, so why not my camera?

It's all about perspective.

just tell her you never do that.

what if she asked for your car?

what if I asked if I could borrow your girlfriend?

You would say no I suppose, so do the same here! She should understand.

Oh, and if she is the certain kind of girl, if you say yes she will consider you one of her toys who do what she wants. This will boost her ego and render you unattractive for her for anything else but exploiting you;)

another idea: tell her, the camera comes only as a bundle including you, special offer today ;)

Does she have a boyfriend?

Tell her you were planning on using it, but she's welcome to come along.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a date.

Alex beat me to it...lol.

No excuses, Here is what you can tell her:
It's an expencive peice of equipment that I can not just loan out, I can offer to accompany and do the shooting but....I can not risk having my camera unattended and in the hands of someone whos experience level I do not know.

Atleast that would be my answer anywho....

hey you never know kellylindseyphotography might be right and it could be a date. ;)

i say.say no. would you hand someone 900+ dollars for the weekend, no guarantee where it will end up or what/who will be around?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back