I need bad C&C

Sharfy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry for re posting but I posted this with mixture to other subject.

I want to know how bad I am in taking picture with performers/moving subjects like this. and How to do it good , I what is the proper way in doing it.

This are Dubai Summer Sale performers:

WirtanzenGlckWedancehappiness.jpg

JungeMdchensexybackYounggirlssexyback.jpg

DSSbeautifulperformers.jpg

I can take a very bad comment, I have been ready for it emotionally :lol::lol::lol:

You asked for bad c&c, so here it is:

#1 The trombone and sh** is OOF

#2 Left fielder is over-saturated and the there is a pole sticking out of the lion's head...there is an elbow coming from left frame

#3 That is the most interesting thing I have ever seen, how long did it take to cook? And the vignette is a distraction...

Well, if those aren't what one would consider bad c&c, I guess I don't know what would be...

#2 Left fielder is over-saturated and the there is a pole sticking out of the lion's head...there is an elbow coming from left frame

#3 That is the most interesting thing I have ever seen, how long did it take to cook? And the vignette is a distraction...

Well, if those aren't what one would consider bad c&c, I guess I don't know what would be...

I don't think that's what they meant, lol. At first I was like "where does he see a trombone?!"

From what I see, you need to stop down you aperture a bit more (increase your f/#) so the other girls will be in focus, too. It's going to be a tough balance because it's going to mean slowing your shutter or upping the ISO to get proper exposure. Watch your horizon. It's slanted slightly. They are underexposed as well, so leave the shutter open a little longer, or increase your ISO.

Of the three, #2 is the best IMO. #1 has potential, but you either need to separate the girl in front by lowering your f/# so the others blur more, or increase your f/# so the other girls are in focus. This half-focus doesn't work for me.

#3 would be better if the foreground girl was composed to the far right rather than centered. A lower f/# would separate her from the other performers and would allow you to increase your shutter speed, which would help eliminate motion blur.

I don't think that's what they meant, lol. At first I was like "where does he see a trombone?!"

From what I see, you need to stop down you aperture a bit more (increase your f/#) so the other girls will be in focus, too. It's going to be a tough balance because it's going to mean slowing your shutter or upping the ISO to get proper exposure. Watch your horizon. It's slanted slightly. They are underexposed as well, so leave the shutter open a little longer, or increase your ISO.

Of the three, #2 is the best IMO. #1 has potential, but you either need to separate the girl in front by lowering your f/# so the others blur more, or increase your f/# so the other girls are in focus. This half-focus doesn't work for me.

#3 would be better if the foreground girl was composed to the far right rather than centered. A lower f/# would separate her from the other performers and would allow you to increase your shutter speed, which would help eliminate motion blur.

Thanks for the feedback, highly appreciated ;)

I hope some more people can give me advices on taking shots of moving subjects, I need more bad comments on this because I want to learn more :sexywink:

Is the motion blur intentional? (because it bugs me :meh:) I also don't care too much for the vignette in this series.

#1 - The girl in the center appears to be the subject, but she is smack in the middle both vertically and horizontally. The horizontal center probably works here, but not the vertical. The top of this shot should be around the top of the blue diamond on the back wall.
#2 - Ditch the vignette effect and you're golden. This is a great photo.
#3 - The green banner is a little distracting, but overall this is a good shot. Mostly this image just needs to be sharp (no motion blur).

I'm still a newbie, so take that all with a grain of salt. Overall I really like these, and think you chose your shots pretty well. :thumbup:

vignette makes my eyes squint because there is too much of it and I think it is distracting to the photos. Honestly I just don't think the facility you took the pictures in was the greatest because there are gaps. that artwork or whatever it is in the background seems irrelevant to the dancers.

I feel like you have the right idea you just need to work on simplification and getting a good angle so you can isolate objects without any background distractions. As for the blurry there are things that could fix it. briefly, a flash (more light = shorter exposure time = less blurry), Tripod, and even a fixed light source could help with that. Get good at taking the pictures and then you can worry more about your post processing.

Best of luck! C+C on this site has changed how I shoot A LOT. The more advice, the better.

vignette makes my eyes squint because there is too much of it and I think it is distracting to the photos. Honestly I just don't think the facility you took the pictures in was the greatest because there are gaps. that artwork or whatever it is in the background seems irrelevant to the dancers.

I feel like you have the right idea you just need to work on simplification and getting a good angle so you can isolate objects without any background distractions. As for the blurry there are things that could fix it. briefly, a flash (more light = shorter exposure time = less blurry), Tripod, and even a fixed light source could help with that. Get good at taking the pictures and then you can worry more about your post processing.

Best of luck! C+C on this site has changed how I shoot A LOT. The more advice, the better.

I love what you said, take note of that and will keep it in mind ;)

I used my Sony a230 (original kit) -bought last Feb because I left my 450D back my home country (I was not that serious with this stuff until I get this images and my friends said I must do it seriously because I have the eye for it but need more improvement and studies "LONG JOURNEY of education") , hopefully will get D7000 by October and will post for CC again.

Is the motion blur intentional? (because it bugs me :meh:) I also don't care too much for the vignette in this series.

#1 - The girl in the center appears to be the subject, but she is smack in the middle both vertically and horizontally. The horizontal center probably works here, but not the vertical. The top of this shot should be around the top of the blue diamond on the back wall.
#2 - Ditch the vignette effect and you're golden. This is a great photo.
#3 - The green banner is a little distracting, but overall this is a good shot. Mostly this image just needs to be sharp (no motion blur).

I'm still a newbie, so take that all with a grain of salt. Overall I really like these, and think you chose your shots pretty well. :thumbup:

blurry is not intentional :D

Thanks, I really need a more tutorials, education and hands on! comment are highly appreciated!

If the blur is not intentional, then you definitely need to have faster shutter speed. Maybe 1/300th of a second would stop the moving subjects.

However, you will most likely need to have a higher ISO (which will mean more noise), or else your photos will be highly underexposed. Opening your aperture would help with this, but you need to make sure that your subject is properly in focus. If you say, shoot at f 1.4, you may only get a nose in focus while the rest will be OOF.

If the blur is not intentional, then you definitely need to have faster shutter speed. Maybe 1/300th of a second would stop the moving subjects.

However, you will most likely need to have a higher ISO (which will mean more noise), or else your photos will be highly underexposed. Opening your aperture would help with this, but you need to make sure that your subject is properly in focus. If you say, shoot at f 1.4, you may only get a nose in focus while the rest will be OOF.

Wow, will keep that in mind too!

I think D7000 will fit my needs, still having reviews of feedback on that slr....

someone give me this pointers too to study on!

APERTURE
SHUTTER SPEED
DISTANCE,
LIGHT
NOISE
FOCAL POINT
BRUSHES
FILTERS
LAYERS
SMOKE

hmmmmmmmmmmm very long journey tsk tsk tsk but I am loving the pressure and challenge :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Most reactions

Back