I need FZ50 Zoom help before vacation!

Moxi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simbullistic.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im getting ready to leave for 3 weeks on the road around the US. I have a new FZ50 and the digital/optical zoom features have me totally baffled.
I dont understand why I cant set the digital and optical zooms at maximum and still come out with a somewhat clear pictures. The photos are horrible. I can set the digital at 2x's/8megs which seems to be the best so far, although not clear at all. And lowering the megs or upping the digital only makes things worse. I have read and tried the EZ settings but no luck there at all.
It also seems there should be an easier (faster) way to set the features so that you dont have to waste your time going into the menu, changing aspect, changing megs, changing digital, etc. I dont want to use it on auto for my whole vacation but animals wont wait for me to change my settings hehe.
The photo Im attaching was taken at 2x digital zoom and my optical was at 420. Am I asking too much from this camera? Thanks in advance.
P1020048.jpg

Yeah, you are asking too much for the camera. Digital zoom just crops the image down to give the illusion of a zoom. IQ from point and shooter's is already bad, and digital zoom just makes it worse. Avoid it if at all possible and move closer.

Most reactions

Back