I need help advice [from Professionals!!! Wedding Photographs ruined!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite part is that she uses a Rebel Xsi and a 50mm f/1.8 II and calls them both "professional grade". Just because the camera has interchangeable lenses does not make it a professional camera.

In my opinion, a professional camera is any camera a professional uses. That being said, she could have used a D3s and it still would not have been a professional camera in this situation!

Allan

I agree. I use a Rebel t3 and its takes beautiful photos its the photographer that takes wonderful photos not the camera.

My favorite part is that she uses a Rebel Xsi and a 50mm f/1.8 II and calls them both "professional grade". Just because the camera has interchangeable lenses does not make it a professional camera.

In my opinion, a professional camera is any camera a professional uses. That being said, she could have used a D3s and it still would not have been a professional camera in this situation!

Allan

So you're saying that if she used a D3s or a 1DmkIV, she would still get noisy photos at ISO 200? 50 f/1.8 + Rebel doesn't equate to professional level equipment. Sorry.

Had the Rebel XSi been in use by someone who actually UNDERSTOOD photography, things might be different. But problems like Noise at ISO 200, and crappy quality bokeh are characteristics of the camera and lens used. No professional can interface with a camera and make it handle noise better, or manually insert additional aperture blades to make the characteristics of the OOF areas more pleasing.

To make an example, I google searched for "Canon Rebel Level" just to see what popped up. On the first page, nearly every link has "entry-level" in it. canon rebel level - Google Search

That doesn't mean that Rebels inherently shoot bad photos, and neither do entry level Nikon's. But some cameras and gear are better equipped for wedding photography. It's true.

If the photos you got are pretty much as good as the ones on her website, then you got what you asked for.

"20. ... will not be held responsible for any ruined photographs ... due to any other cause in or outside of Heather Hart DeFriest dba Hart and Soul Photography’s control."

That sounds like she's saying she's not liable for any bad photos, even if it's due to her own failure.

"
24. REPRINT ORDERS: Reprints of photos (or additional prints of photos not included in the package, but which is part of the additional low resolution images provided on CD) may be ordered at the following rates:

4x6 -- $4 each
5x7 -- $6 each
8x10 -- $10 each
Wedding Day CD with all images -- $250"

Did she tell you that the $250 Wedding Day CD was supposed to be full resolution? Because above that it says cd images are low resolution. ???

Seems me she trying to raise quick cash for at home expenses.

I wonder if you would hire a mechanic to do a complete overhaul of your engine for $100 bucks? Would you trust them to do a good job? $1000 for a wedding is just like that. By the time you shoot, cull, process the images without retouching, you are making fast food money.

After looking at that site, I am wondering why anyone would book this person ever. Hate to have my first post be a negative one, but it seems like you should have known better.

Did you look at her portfolio prior to hiring her? You can't order the hamburger and be upset when you don't get the filet mignon. I know $1,000 seems like a lot of money, but in the world of wedding photography, it's the equivalent of a Big Mac.

Not to say the photographer is without fault, her contract is a joke, particularly the guest behavior clause, and it sounds like she had no business photographing a wedding. And she is trying to claim not to be liable for bad photos due to elements in her control? Her contract should be ringing every alarm bell out there. Any half decent photographer can control a crowd and work with less than ideal conditions, so having her contract claim she isn't responsible for bad conditions or unruly guests is just ludicrous.

wow #$%^ this old thread was grave dug!?
badteeth.gif

Lol Heart and Soul photography sounds more like a T&A joint.

480sparky said:
BYOC?

(Bring Your Own Camera)

Some probably do :). Who in their right mind shoots a wedding when they are 9 months pregnant? Help me out ladies!?

My husband is a lawyer, and I'm in my beginning years as a wedding photographer. I'm almost certain any half decent lawyer could get the clients money back in this case. Not to mention, I'd love to see some legal precedents for professional accountability in the filed of professional photography. Gary Fong is doing awesome work leading this movement, and I believe that it's highly necessary.

Now it's the defense turn here on TPF court, and case of the lost and committed.

Allan

There's a difference between a professional's camera and a professional camera in my opinion.

But seriously the lack of resolution is the same as having destroyed photos and it says she will give a refund for such an ocurrence so....to the courts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back