I need help doing a macro picture

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by BlakeL, May 11, 2008.

1. BlakeL

BlakeL TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello everyone. I just registered here. I need a little bit of help. I am using a Kodak Z612, and I've just recently gotten in to photography. In my photography class we have to do a macro assignment, but no matter what I do, I cannot get a good macro shot. The thing that I focus on is always blurry. Can anyone lend me advice as to how to make my subject not blurry? Thank you in advance!

-Blake

2. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well with manual focus lens you have to turn the focus ring or the very front of the lens back and forth untill the picture comes in focus. There isnt really and advice with this however its just when the picture is in focus take the picture, you can try moving the picture in focus and out of focus a couple time so you eye gets used to what it looks like but other then that i dont what else to help you with. Good luck, photo's great

3. doenoe

doenoe TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    maybe you are to close to the subject. Cause there is a minimum distance that you can still focus. If you get to close, the camera wont be able to focus anymore and you get out of focus pics.

4. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Does the Z-Series Kodaks have a manual focus setting?

Are you using the camera in the close up setings? Honestly, Yes to that one won't suprise me at all but...

I am personally a little put off by Kodaks Digital AF systems, if manual focus is possible do it, if not back up away from the subject. I do not have a Z-series Kodak but my C-series has AF issues as far away as ten inches or more periodically so I have to be outside that range to get a focus.

Also note, with Kodaks AF systems, it takes two or three times longer for the AF to get a lock, make sure you are holding the focus long enough for the AF to either lock or give up the search.

5. royalist

royalist TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It may be that you are not close enough to the subject. Try moving the camera towards and away from the subject whilst watching the result through the viewfinder, assuming you have a reflex camera. Sometimes with Macro the subject can almost be touching the lens. It depends on the focal length of the lens you are using. Is it a dedicated macro lens or is it an add on, or part of another lens? Nikon do one as part of a standard wide angle zoom lens for example. More info please??

6. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The Kodak Z-Series cameras are an advanced Point and shoot from the high end of the Easyshare line of digital cameras, it is not a reflex camera.