I Need help, how come.....

I save them as JPEG. When in Elements I save on the highest setting for quality, I believe its #12.
That may be part of your problem. High quality is good but that also means large file sizes...and if the file size is too big, your host may be resizing or lowering the quality automatically.

Try setting the quality at 8-10 or low enough that your file size is less than 200kb. Then the host shouldn't be altering them.

The pictures looks great until I upload to the internet. Or put in an email, like copy and paste but its resized. Then it looks like this too. Not clean and crisp. My monitor is pretty new, about a year old, its a Dell. Not saying that means anything. Just trying to give all info here. Its a higher end type, the thin kind, with flat screen and it has outlets on the side for ps2 cables.etc.

I just checked my monitor is set at 16 bits. Should I change it to 32 bits? maybe get a better place to upload my pics? some place with no compression?

First change the setting of your monitor to 32 bits.

That should make the picture you uploaded look OK but the one I modified should still have swirls.

Can you try that and report back?

Ok I did 32 bits and your right the first picture looks clean and nice. The swirls are gone!!! THANKS!!

Now tell me does this mean that if people on ebay, looking at my auction have their monitor set to 16 bits, they will see the distorted pic like I always do?

Does compression have a role in this? Is there a better place I can go to, to avoid this for uploading my pics to the internet?
Any suggestions?

(you guys are great by the way!)

If the display is set to 16 bits they will see the swirls but it is unlikely that this will bother them as virtually any picture they see on that monitor will be similarly affected.

This has nothing to do with compression and no change of host will alter the fact that a 16 bit rendition will show artifacts.

Hope everthing is OK now.

WOW here i`ve been throwing out tons of shots because of this, and its only my setting? That was a fast fix, thanks so very much for helping me with this.

Most reactions

Back