Nikon F3 HP or Leica R4s

• Nikon F3 HP w/ Nikkor Ai-s 50mm f/2

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Leica R4s w/ Leitz 50mm f/2 Summicron-R

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Nikom FM3a w Nikkor Ai-s 50mm f/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hate to make a versus thread, but I'm so torn between these two cameras I need someone to talk sense to me.

Ok, let's get down to the brass' tax. Nikon F3 HP or Leica R4s. I wanna start by saying price is irrelevant in this comparison, I have both of them before me and I'm ready to purchase.
The F3 will mostly be used with a Nikkor Ai-s 50mm f/2 that I already have. Though I have a 28mm f/2.8 and a 35-70 f/4 for this as well. The R4s will come with a Leitz 50mm f/2 Summicron-R.

I'm gonna use this for street photography and portraits mostly. My D800 furfills my other needs perfectly.
Greetings, since money is not an issue, perhaps the Leica would be your best bet. I have seen many Leica photos both portraits and street scenes in color and black & white and truly it is among the very best you can buy. I know many Leica photographers and none of them have ever expressed regret of their purchase decision. Summicron, well what more can one say, except that dollar for dollar it is your best photo equipment value.

The F3hp is the best built of the options you alluded to by far.

I would go with the Nikon for now. But I would definitely go back for a R eventually!

-Mobile Matt

Pico, if you spent that much money on equipment, would you tell someone you regretted it?

Love the Leica so far. It do kind of suck that I can't afford more lenses for it. And I know I would be 99% had happy with a Nikon F3 or FE2(plus I could use a 28 f2.8 and 14 f2.8 that I have)

But I can't say I regret it. The camera is great.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back