I need help with dinner

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, gang, I freely admit that this post is merely to help me get to 500...I know it's not as impressive as some of you, but we have to start somewhere right?

Anyways, for those following my lyrical rants, you will know that my highly annoying boss is gone for a WHOLE MONTH!!!!!

I'm NOT in the mood for left overs, so I was thinking that I was going to be bad and take myself out to dinner. But, alas, I don't know what I'm in the mood for. I would be happy going for Ethiopian, but I just had that the other day (not that that has stopped me in the past). I should be good and have either the other 1/2 of the cornish hen I had last night or some more soup (but that's frozen, and that's a good enough excuse for me NOT to eat it).

Then there's this asian fusion place in Cleveland Park that seems really good. Then I remember that I've been jonsing for Indian....mmmmmm breyani! Or roganjosh....soooo goood.

There there is the ever trusty Outback mmmmm steak. Oh, what about McCormick and Schmick's for some fresh seafood. But if I'm gonna have seafood, why not the little Japanese place in Bethesda and gets me some good sushi.

Ah, I'm young, alone, and a pocket full of cash...I'm a danger to myself.

So, I need some input.

There's always McDonald's? :mrgreen::mrgreen: I personally would go for the steak. Nice big tenderloin! Good in the stomach, ouch on the wallet. :drool::drool:

Outback's not too bad...and they have THE BEST wings in the world (but you need to tell them NOT to put the breading on--surprisingly they are actually better that way).

mmmm.....sushi.....goes great with white wine. :thumbup:

How about Thai food? Just thinking about it gives me a hankering for some nam sod. :drool:

But I like Italian, too. With a fat sangiovese.

I'm just hungry now. Rats. Supposed to hit the gym after work. :x

Joe thanks to you, I have made it before I left work...hang on, I'm going to start yet another thread.

Oh, are you still in town or have you left?

For us tonight...we're having venison. There are no more steaks left, and Erik doesn't like roasts...so we're cutting the roasts into slabs that look like steaks, and marinating and cooking them as if they were steaks. We did it the other day, and it didn't turn out too bad.

I had steak today with rice, carrot and corn. Yum Yum . Rice is my favourite food.

You should have a nice curry.

YUM! Venison is amazing!

To be honest, I've never been to Outback. We have one here I would like to try soon, will inform the folks. We've thought about it. Thanks for the wings tip.

I'd eat sushi and thai if I wasn't allergic to them. Can't eat fish or peanuts, and thai food usually is cooked with peanut oil. :cry:

We're having "breakfast for dinner". Pancakes, bacon and eggs :drool: It's become a Friday tradition at our house, the boys love it because I put chocolate chips in the pancakes :mrgreen:

Asian sounds awesome too, though! I love Pad Thai :drool: Or Mexican :drool: The Outback here is so-so, but we've had good luck with Longhorn (not sure if it's a local chain or national?).

Okay, well, now I'm starving!

MmMm...take a drive up to Aberdeen on Hwy40 until you find a place called the sub N*zi. The best subs on the East Coast. It's definately worth the drive.

Ok, so MY full dinner will be, the aforementions Vennison 'steaks' Marinated and broiled, biscuits (I looove those Pillsbury Perfect Portions), and mashed tatas. I'm SO hungry!

Most reactions

Back