I need serious advice!

YES! Well that one is at least LOL. It's a blog I keep hoping to write on but never do, in the end. Ugh. :p When I finally decide to design the site I mocked up though, it'll probably be at a different URL that's unregistered for now. haha

I dont put a "logo" on my images. This logo is what is normally called a watermark. If you are worried about someone stealing your images or using them without permission, then do not post them online. I find most watermarks, even if they are nicely designed, hurt an image and remove focus.

Getting a mentor is a great idea, one that many people (including myself) are doing / have done. However, not many working pros will take you under their wing and teach you everything you need to learn. You need to know the basics of photography and have some sort of work to present to them showing them that you know what you are doing and are just asking for them to take you to the next level.

.....I need a step-by-step on how to begin this dream! I also am unsure as of my education.....
  1. Study business, but take as many visual art electives as you can. On your own.
  2. Learn and understand how a photograph works.
  3. Learn and understand how the camera works.
  4. Learn and understand how a lens works and relates to the camera.
  5. Learn and understand the exposure triad, camera shutter speed, lens aperture, and camera ISO.
  6. Learn and understand how strobed light works, and how the light relates to the camera and lens.
  7. Learn how to control light: strobed, redirected, and modified.
  8. Learn how to pose people if you want to do retail photography.

Most reactions

Back