I need some abuse..........Albuquerque, NM

yugamu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I don't break away from automotive photography very much. I was out for a walk with the wife on Albuquerque's west mesa and decided to snap a few pics. Please be as critical as possible and if you feel the need to edit a pic feel free.

Cheers,

-Josh

1).
DSC_0406.jpg

2).
DSC_0414copy_filtered.jpg

3).
DSC_0437copy.jpg

4).
DSC_0430.jpg

5).
DSC_0443copy_filtered.jpg

C&C per req:
1. A classic landscape/sunset 'oops'. You have a black foreground and blown highlights around the sun. This is a very difficult type of exposure to get right under any circumstance, but the use of grad ND filters would definitely have helped. It may well also have looked good as an HDR merge.

2. This one is nice, but could have been improved by the use of a CPOl (at the right time of day).

3. Nciely done, good composition, with the light trails bringing the eye in the to centre of the iamges.

4. Nice, good cloud formations and sky textures, but I would consider cropping the buildings/city out, it doesn't really add much except distraction to this image.

5. Neat!

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Awesome John!!!! Thanks for the input. I will hopefully bring you guys some more soon.

Great eye keep clicking............

Okay, here comes the abuse! j/k

#1 I really don't like all that much. The sillhouette just doesn't do much for some reason.

I think if you cut out the "dirt" foreground on some of these they would be totally awesome.

#2 & #3 are my favs.

You'll never believe this but we were visiting ABQ the 2nd week of July and I saw the rolling clouds over the Sandias and thought I wish we could pull over and just take pictures, but we were in a hurry. Looks like the same rolly clouds on your pictures!!! It was probably the same day and we were only there 3 or 4 days!!!!

I like 3 & 5, too. The columns in 5 are real interesting. I think I know exactly where you were in #3's picture. By the Cottonwood Mall up on the hill by Intel? I've always wanted to stop there...

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back