I need some advice

DaytonLax14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am taking a 4-H photography project and I need some advice as to which photo i should submit for the judging. I know my pictures are by no means great, since I am a beginner, I just dont' know which one is the best. All help is appreciated. Just post which pic you would use for jusdging and why. Thanks!

I would probably go for the tree shot because it has some interesting lines. The others just don't really stand out

reason as to why you would choose the tree shot?

on a side note, i really like the pier shot. I don't know why, but it must not be as good as the others.

any other opinions?

I think the tree shot is great too, however....I might be inclined to believe that everyone on here has a 'photographers eye" and the average person may be more inclined to think the pier shot would rank higher in the judging. Are the judges photographers? Or (without sounding condescending here) regular people?

Derrick

What I am saying is that if your photo is going to be on a wall with all the others (county fair style), you may want your photo to really stand out!

I think the tree shot is great too, however....I might be inclined to believe that everyone on here has a 'photographers eye" and the average person may be more inclined to think the pier shot would rank higher in the judging. Are the judges photographers? Or (without sounding condescending here) regular people?

Derrick

What I am saying is that if your photo is going to be on a wall with all the others (county fair style), you may want your photo to really stand out!
so for the county fair, you would suggest the pier shot?

I'm new here and no expert so take it for what its worth -I ldo ike number one because I like the color and it looks very crisp on my screen.
But I realize that I looked at the tree a lot longer than any of the others...its very unexpected and different.

what do you mean by postprocess? (sorry, i'm a newby)

I like the 4th, the bee in the flower. imo, the tree pic would be much better if the focal point was a bit higher on the tree, too much of the frame is out of focus.

I'm with reg though, some postprocessing on the pier shot could make it pretty great.

just my $.02 :)

I am casting my vote for the tree pic. I agree the focal point could be higher but, just guessing here, you are going to see a lot of freaking flower pictures of some sort, just by standing out you will have a chance to win. Go with the tree!

I am casting my vote for the tree pic. I agree the focal point could be higher but, just guessing here, you are going to see a lot of freaking flower pictures of some sort, just by standing out you will have a chance to win. Go with the tree!

That is very true, i'm sure there'll be a ton of flower shots (and sunsets, so steer clear there too), in light of that, either tree or processed pier.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back