I need some advice

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I'm brand new here on this forum, I need some help/advice on a new camera set up. What I want is a great working camera, preferably some sort of kit that has different lenses to explore with and the accessories to get me started with the new camera then do some more adding and upgrading later. I was reading about some kits online but some of those you can not trust, which led me here. I've been looking at quite a few and can provide links to the ones I have been to see if it would be worth doing or not. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

I have uploaded a screenshot of something I had in mind that I would like to get started with. I know it seems like I'd be jumping in to it, but that's the way I work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170831-030730.png
    Screenshot_20170831-030730.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 131
Avoid these bs kits with loads of crap thrown in. The d3400 is a nice camera.

How much do you want to spend, and what is your primary type of photography

Thank you. Thats what i figured about the kits, thats one reason I asked. I wouldn't really say I have a primary type cause I shoot everything. Landscapes, trains, portraits, flowers, sunsets and rises, waterfalls, wildlife, you name it i love it all and have thousands of photos of alot of it. But nature is the main I guess. One of the reasons why i looked at the kits for the different lenses and such for the multiple things I photograph. I'd like to keep the price below 12 to 1300.

I'll assume that is dollars

Nikon D5600 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 70-300mm Lenses 1580

I recommend this kit. The d5600 is a lovely camera with a good autofocus system. The two lenses included are said to be if very good quality for the price.

Add in a tripod, a TTL flashgun- look up a yongnuo flash for value, a bag and card, I think you'd have a good setup.

This Nikon is a step up from the d3400 in features, the 24mp Nikon sensors are as good as it gets at this level

Actually, this includes card and bag

I have uploaded a screenshot of something I had in mind that I would like to get started with. I know it seems like I'd be jumping in to it, but that's the way I work.
Hello to you!

The camera and lenses are good, but I'm curious as to why the battery and battery charger are not Nikon? This may be an indication that the entire kit may be something like "gray market" merchandise.

If you can, please post a link to the deal so we can read the particulars.

Additionally, an inexpensive flash might be enough to get started, but you will become bored with it soon enough due to its limitations.

You can discount the lens attachments, because they are almost always the first things that are never used beyond the first week. Same for the tiny bag. A bag that is just too small will not be of much use when you try to put everything in it, to find that not everything will actually fit.

With a link, we can see the price as well as the retailer's name. (some are disreputable)

Most of those "kits" are full of inexpensive / cheap products. In many cases they take out the manufacturers battery and charger and cables, and put in cheap import items. Then they turn around and either try to get you to pay more for the originals (saying they are upgrades, work better, last longer, etc...) or turn around and sell them as single items to someone else.

The manufactures sites normally tell you what's included.

Also there is Grey Market and Manufacture imported. Grey means the company bought the items from an overseas seller and imported the item themselves or through a broker other than the manufacturer. These will not come with manufacturer warranty, and the manufacture will not service them even for money (private repair places will though). Manufacturer imported are the official items and comes with warranty and all the included items that are supposed to be included.

One scam of sellers will list the Grey item cheap. But when you try to order it they will tell you it's actually inferior item and this one is better. Raising the price quite a bit. When in reality its the exact same item. Just the one is from the manufacturer channels. And if you don't want the real one but the cheaper Grey one. All of a sudden it's out of stock! As they don't really want to sell anything for those low prices. Not even Grey items. It's all about the upsell.

Thanks all,

Sounds like my best bet would probably be the link that jaomul posted to me. Upgrade my collection as I go. Definitely open to more suggestions with links to different cameras that come with a couple lenses.

Most reactions

Back