I need some constructive criticism... (please)

bytch_mynickname

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am new here and to photography beyond a point and shoot. I recently bought a Canon Rebel XT and so far only have the kit lens. I have been practicing and need some constructive criticism. They aren't anything special but I need to start somewhere.:meh:

Pictures702a.jpg

Pictures723a.jpg

It's fine to ask for a critique in the general gallery, even constructive critism if the poster requests it! :thumbup:

The critique gallery is mor for help with a specific problem or one thing you'd like advice on. People posting there are more likely to view your photo over a couple of days & give a well thought out reply to your question rather than "Nice shot!"

PlasticSpanner said:
People posting there are more likely to view your photo over a couple of days & give a well thought out reply to your question rather than "Nice shot!"

precisely why i asked him to post it there ;)

As for a critique.....

#1, like most animal, flower, insect shots they all kinda look the same. Same angles, backdrops, poses. It's a well exposed shot but I think you need to get a more unique angle on it. (Perhaps sunlight through the wings?)

#2 Nice calm shot but maybe lose the light green hill in the foreground & include more sky?

PlasticSpanner said:
It's fine to ask for a critique in the general gallery, even constructive critism if the poster requests it! :thumbup:

The critique gallery is mor for help with a specific problem or one thing you'd like advice on. People posting there are more likely to view your photo over a couple of days & give a well thought out reply to your question rather than "Nice shot!"

nice shot

Most reactions

Back