I need some help with my bald eagle

wyogirl

Oh crop!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. So... recently I was in Grand Teton National Park. It was pouring rain out of buckets and WAY up in a tree was this beautiful bird. I had my 70-200 2.8 on a crop sensor so I thought, "well, its worth a shot".

Anywho... Mr. Eagle was less than concerned about my presence since he was way up the tree so I got pretty close to said tree, but from the ground, in the rain with a 200mm zoom....well lets just say there are limitations to what can be done.

I've attached Mr. Eagle, please take a look. Its already pretty heavily cropped.

Thanks for your feedback.

Attachments

• 20140927-IMG_9820.jpg
    20140927-IMG_9820.jpg
    895.9 KB · Views: 216
Wow, What gets me is how the background came out. One of those things you probably couldn't reproduce.

You are right.... it probably couldn't be reproduced that way again. For one, it rarely rains like that in Wyoming. Figures that the one time I get out to the Tetons, I can't even see them for the fog and rain!

Given those conditions, I think you did well.

Nice shot. The background looks cool. I cropped a little tighter to see what he looked like.

eagle-M.jpg

I'm hoping I can get a decent 8x10 print with the closer crop. I've been playing in lightroom with the crop and trying to decide.

I like the wider crop, and the WB is better in #1 also. #1 has better balance just the way you've done it.

Maybe after what john said try a 4X5 portrait crop.

you really have a fantastic shot here but the eagle is way to dark and lacking detail.. looks very heavy on the shadows and a few other things. if you could fix that up a bit I think you would have a amazing photo..

I hope you don't mind; I fiddled with it some. Tweaked the WB, tried to pull up some detail in the shadows, but failed.

20140927-IMG_9820 - Version 2.jpg

I think it's a beautiful shot, not everything needs to be perfect for something to be beautiful. Love the pose the perch and the bg. But I did try tweaking it a little anyways :)

In my opinion blacks are similar to highlights, if they are blown they are blown, nothing there to get back. Oh well, it doesn't hurt the mood of the shot.

20140927-IMG_9820-2.jpg

Most reactions

Back