I need some input.

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by Sachphotography, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Sachphotography

Sachphotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    As always I am working on new things for Pazilla Professionals.
    If you have not been there then visit the link below. I created the site
    to help photographers get there name out there. So far Pazilla has produced roughly 30 photography jobs/sales.

I am looking at creating a premium member program that would allow
    people to have a full website built off of a selected template offered.
    I am looking at pricing and am considering either annual fees or a one time fee.
    The ability to have a full website, most likely flash, with out having to register a domain name and worry about hosting seems like it would be a plus.

A one time fee of say $120 for life and have a good looking site or
    70-80 a year in hosting fees and domain registration.

I need some input.

the url for the site would be {www.pazilla.com/"username"}

I would probably offer about 5 different templates. I know there are other sites out there that cost much much more and some that seem less..

Anywho. Let me know what you all think. I am polling a few other boards for input as well.

2. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Hmm be carefull with lifetime offers - they might be great for getting people in but in few decades might rear their ugly heads and cause you a tide of problems (bare in mind you can't predict the furture and your setup might collapse and that means people might seek lost earnings or something like that if htey no longer have their lifetime website).

Secondly consider that many printing labs offer customers are similar setup whilst also covering the ordering, printing and shipping of their products. A good eye on the competition is key.

Also the name of hte website - people prefer their own name if they are going professional - so {www.pazilla.com/"username"} might sound good for some, but it makes them sound lesser than a photographer with their own website with their company name on it.
    Edit - as a note this sort of setup would work decently well if the name Pazilla carries a lot of weight in the world. People would happily pay to be associated with something like NationalGeographic.com/username because it carries a lot of influence and is widley known about. However a smalltime company can only hope to attract the more smalltime photographers and that means reduced possible income (since the less the photographer earns the less they have to spend on a setup)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  3. Sachphotography

Sachphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    hmmm. That is a really good point
    maybe a life time offer is not good. Just throwing ideas out there....
    ok forget the lifetime idea.