I need the Geek Squad for a laptop issue

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have to repeatedly reset the sound option on my laptop to make the the laptop speakers the default device. It keeps defaulting to the hdmi connection to my monitor (which doesn't have any speakers). I have reset the speakers as the "default device", the "default communication device", tried all of the sound options in the Control Panel... I have set them so the Speakers show as green and so that both the Speakers and the HDMI show as green. Every time the laptop goes into sleep or lock screen mode, it resets itself back to the hdmi only option. Not a big deal but sooooo annoying. Help!

If it matters, it's a Toshiba Satellite P55-A running Windows 10 Home edition.

My guess is that as long as a HDMI monitor is plugged into the laptop it will default to that setting for sound whenever it reconnects to the HDMI monitor.

Last edited:
Curious, does the monitor have any ports in it that you could attach a set of speakers to? If so, problem solved.

Of course with your new "High Paid" position here at TPF you could get a new Mac Book Pro and one of these.

Then everything would be automatic.
bounce.gif

@gryphonslair99

Analog 1 x VGA
1 x DisplayPort
Digital 1 x HDMI
1 x DVI-D
Audio Input 1 x HDMI 1.3
Headphone Jack 1x 1/8" (3.5mm)
Hub Ports USB Ports
1 x Upstream
4 x Downstream
Speakers None
Mount VESA (100 x 100mm)

Set of speakers plugged into the headphone jack. Powered speakers of course.

If you watched the video you have to admit, that is one cool dock.

Yes, that would resolve the issue 95% of the time since I don't usually go anywhere with the laptop.

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back