I need to buy a new camera for work

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I won't be using it, but the budget is ~$250-$300. I got one of those fake DSLRs (the ones that look a little like an SLR, but you can't change lenses) for one of our stores, and the guy loves it. It needs to take good quality pictures of cars for the web. It would be a plus if it captured video too. Any suggestions?

Here is a sample of one of our inventory pages.

Too bad the budget isn't $450, I'd sell you my D60 kit. :)

Not sure on the point and shoot styles anymore unfortunately.

lol I wouldnt buy this guy a D60. he'd tear it apart. I should also mention that durability might need to be a factor, since it gets used every day...

honestly, Any P&S with a Mega pixel of about 6MP + will do...
but the only SLR with Video cost upwards of £500 (eh... $650?)

i really like that jeep SRT8 on your site...:D

it doesnt look like you need anything in the 10mp range, so im sure you can slip by for much less than that lumix.

wish i was more helpful with a specific model.

I will say that that Lumix is a great camera. I bought one for my kids when we went to Alaska in June and they got some outstanding stills and video.

Im not sure if this camera will do it but have you checked the P90?

I love that the lumix takes 720P video. we actually use that for some customers who call in from out of area on a car and want to see a "walk around."

and yeah, I picked the SRT8, because I started salivating when I saw it on the lot this week.

I will check out the P90! thanks!

hm, looks like the p90 is more expensive than the lumix, and I have been very pleased with the lumix for what we need. thanks for the suggestion though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back