I need to create some portraits with extra cheese!

well done!

when pondering your original question, i was thinking of those portrait photos where there is a posed shot in the lower left side of the frame, and then a closer cropped head shot, larger and in the upper right...maybe with a corny border on it...

hmmm im reading what i wrote, and it seems harder to explain than expected...am i making any sense?...lol

Thanks guys.

I think I got in right after you posted them. 3 and 4 were huge. :) Excellent work but perhaps a teensy bit oversharpened.
Ah, I am a victim of sarcasm once again! I agree that #4 is possibly too sharpened, but that one isn't a great photograph anyway. Which did you think was the oversharpened one in particular? The idea was to have these very, very bright and vibrant though. The images should jump at you and assault your eyes with the colours. I thought maybe the contrast would help that.

EDIT Funny thing about all of this: these photos are the first things I've shot with my new 50-135. What a weird maiden studio session.

Last edited:
love the loud sweaters and candy cane backdrop...

the happy roomates and oh... it's you... are pretty convincing...

They needed some old aviator glasses on.. lol. Or just some cheesy glasses in general.. Anyways.. Pretty funny.

Turtleneck (or dickie is even better) under the sweater.

..oh, and I like #2 and #4 the best.

Happy Roommates is the best!!!
What I imagined when I read your first post was doing the traditional side staggered pose with them looking up into the light, both with such innocent looks on their faces with a nice vignette around it.

I am literally sitting here giggling out loud. As soon as I saw the subject and who was posting I was like "Oh BABY this is gonna be good..." and I was rewarded by scrolling down. :lol:

I'm still lauging. haahah

I wish I got in this a bit earlier, though. Some things I might have suggested:

- big hair!
- "Flashdance" style clothing (like...)
- Sweatshirts with cutoff sleeves and painted lines on it
- Parachute pants
- Maybe a white glove!
- Lots of zippers
- Ripped jeans
- Did I mention big hair?

Still, awesome shots. LOVE the expressions. :lol:

...can't help, but I'm looking forward to seeing the results. :)
Phil! Look on the previous page. I think you missed them!

Anyway, thanks for that Chris. I appreciate it. Here's one more for you guys that I kind of liked. It's a bit more of a genuine portrait of these two. This one was taken by surprise in between the "real" poses; that's when you always get the best photos, in my experience.
3122080064_5072700cf3_b.jpg

Last edited:
well done!

when pondering your original question, i was thinking of those portrait photos where there is a posed shot in the lower left side of the frame, and then a closer cropped head shot, larger and in the upper right...maybe with a corny border on it...

hmmm im reading what i wrote, and it seems harder to explain than expected...am i making any sense?...lol
You mean like a silhoutte shot superimposed into the bottom corner of a close up? I had a high school portrait like that.. never did like it.

Most reactions

Back